Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Pull with jetski

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGunMan

City: Las Vegas

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Pull with jetski Reply with quote

Hi all,

New to the sport and two days with no luck to get up.

I have jetski Seadoo 215 hp wake edition /i know that this is not the best option but this is what I have/.

I managed to get up 2 times for couple of seconds each.

I was reading a lot and watching videos how to make it. There is a lot of info but all the info is focused to the person with the wakeboard and no info for the person operating the watercraft.

I have no idea how it is supposed to pull the wakeboarder - start slow with slow acceleration, with fast acceleration, just pull slow until the boarder is up....

I will appreciate any info regarding how to do it right.

Thank you
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When learning I recommend taking of slow, with slow acceleration. This will give you time to learn properly and make corrections if you're not in the right position.
As for the rider: stay small, arms straight, do nothing! (Doing nothing meaning: don't pull your arms in, don't stretch one leg, don't lean back (actually lean forward, go along with the pull), don't try to stand up immediately. Be patient.)

Good luck!
And take some video and post here so we can give some more tips.

GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyZone CR wrote:

And take some video and post here so we can give some more tips.

That's the best to get help with if you can do it.

The wake edition ski is pretty solid! Obviously no wake, but the pylon will be helpful in getting up.
TheGunMan

City: Las Vegas

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So slow increase of the spead

What speed is needed go get up and how fast I have to reach that speed.
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get someone out of the water you only need to go around 10mph or so. If he's up and stable on the board accelerate up to 15 or so, after that slowly increase along with the riders comfort level up to 21-ish. Especially behind a jetski you don't want to go too fast or the little tiny wake will totally disappear.
BabygumpWakeboarder

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: SeaDoo Fine For Pulling Reply with quote

We have a SeaDoo and it will pull wake boarders fine. They are more than adequate to pull skiers and wakeboarders. I am just learning so I am not that experienced and have never been pulled behind a boat but I can tell you I have been up on the board 8+ times.
Razz
Bahr888

City: Trinity

PostPosted: Jun 16, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing when learning is wrap your arms around you knees, let the board compress you and have the driver of jetski pull you just above idle for about 5 seconds to feel that position then have the driver roll on throttle up to 15 mph until you are up. If you roll to slow on the throttle you are having the new person just barely plaiining and they have tendency to want to stand up. I know it sounds weird but it has worked with everyone I've helped get up. When you are in that nice compressed position arms wrapped around knees and relaxed , lean your head back and look up at sky and once you feel like you are up count to three . I usually close my eyes and focus on my position . If you are falling over the front then either the driver let up just a little or you are pulling with you arms.
Bahr888

City: Trinity

PostPosted: Jun 16, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah , forgot we wakeboard behind a 1999 Yamaha GP1200 . Make sure the driver speeds up when you cut from side to side , since the jetski doesn't have the torque or weight of a boat. Jet skis are great for learning and you can use them in small lakes and don't use as much fuel either.
chrisareid

City: Armadale

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you managed yet then gunman. I have pulled up and been pulled up using my Jetski, (Yamaha waverunner 1200) and now have a boat. But I have always went for a short quick pull to get onto plane. The quicker they are out the water, the less they are being dragged, as that is how it feels, when going too slow. I would ask some of the more experienced riders here to ask their boat driver to pull them slow, just to remind them how crappy it is. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: