Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Stern drive vs V drive
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceplant920
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Brookhaven

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And since this thread has been dragged so far off, I have no problem really asking this but has anyone else ever faceplanted so hard that they had lake water get stuck in their nose and run out 48 hrs later?
Red57Bird
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Raleigh

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceplant920 wrote:
I love this, I was trying to come up with a signature and I had one giftwrapped for me.

I like where your head is at on the signature line there "faceplant". I picked up a gem myself, courtesy of our mutual buddy "letsgo19". The gift that keeps on giving. I'm thinking at his pace, we'll have enough material to change our sig lines to a new quote at least once a month.

As far as your question on face plants go, 2 years ago I was taking my final run of the day and caught a nasty edge. I ended up with a concussion - I didn't remember much of the rest of the day, or driving home the next day. I did, however, avoid the nasal flushing that you apparently received.

faceplant920
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Brookhaven

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to figure out how that even happens. All I can think is maybe it got stuck in a sinus and i turned my head the right way to make it come out??.. You are probably right about the new sig lines. I'll have to check out the mastercraft thread for some good reading on a slow workday.
Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Wausau

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never aware I'd actually find a post regarding this on the wakeboarding forums. My dad has owned a smaller IO, I now own a DD. I've spent a great deal of time on both. Seeing as how I love wakeboarding, obviously I like my DD better.

My dad's IO - great on fuel economy, and handles corners nicer IMO (less sluggish)

My DD - it tosses an awesome wake and I can load it to the hilts. It has a swim deck for getting into boards.

DD and VDrive > I/O for wakeboarding, end of story.

letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: You did it again Reply with quote

You succeeded in luring me back yet again!I must say I am quite honored that some of you have chosen to imortalize some of my posts as your signitures.Is there some kind of reward maybe?I take cash.To have them in such juxtaposition gives me a tingle.Hey maybe I could be nominated to replace someone as moderator.Just think of all the one liners I could provide.Doesn't anyone rememba laughta?????I'm thinking of my own signature- "beutiful irony,thank you for that".Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Deep breath.Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SouthWaker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Lake Blackshear

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the only reward you need is a scholarship to the local junior college, but you would had to complete high school to utilize it.
Red57Bird
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: You did it again Reply with quote

letsgo19 wrote:
You succeeded in luring me back yet again!I must say I am quite honored that some of you have chosen to imortalize some of my posts as your signitures.Is there some kind of reward maybe?I take cash.To have them in such juxtaposition gives me a tingle.Hey maybe I could be nominated to replace someone as moderator.Just think of all the one liners I could provide.Doesn't anyone rememba laughta?????I'm thinking of my own signature- "beutiful irony,thank you for that".Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Deep breath.Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about someone that takes themselves a bit too seriously. The only thing we are immortalizing is your stupidity, which is back on display with your misspellings of immortalize, signatures, and beautiful, from your previous post. I find it quite humorous that you can't spell those words yet you managed to spell juxtaposition correctly, although it isn't used correctly in your sentence.

Please keep up the fine work - faceplant920 and I look forward to your next masterpiece.

letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey southwake "cender block"?See you in class. :lol:How long did it take you to look up juxtaposition redbird?Wew you guys are a piece of work :lol. Too easy to mess with!!!!!
letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey southwake "you would had to"?I believe proper sentence structure should be "you would have had to".Ah the beautiful irony!
DRAGON88
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

letsgo19 wrote:
Hey southwake "you would had to"?I believe proper sentence structure should be "you would have had to".Ah the beautiful irony!

Wow, it's sad how desperate you are for attention. Seriously.

letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that I'm not used to backing down from anything but I am realizing that it has become ridiculous so I am officially making my exit having made all the points I intended to.And to the few that got personal &@$&@&@$&@$@&$@
SouthWaker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Lake Blackshear

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, take your pee bottle with you.
Red57Bird
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 22, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

letsgo19, - would that be an exit from this thread, or from this entire forum? This makes your 5th post of "I'm out of here", so I have a funny feeling we'll hear back from you soon. Either way, it makes no difference to me. If you're really gone, then good riddance. If you come back, it just gives me more signature line material.
M`honri

City: Farr West

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmeuLTqHa7k

Here is some more material for you "2muchfun"
Happy boarding!
buckthis
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

letsgo,letsgo
why am I here?
letsgo, letsgo, what do I fear?
I like I/o's, because they are the best
I like I/o's, to hell with the rest!
Faster, stronger and quicker you see
Faster, stronger and quicker, like me!
so don't be hatin' about the wakes I be makin'
I am having fun, no matter what you say
I am having fun, now get out of my way!
I like to wakeboard, kneeboard, and tube
I am the best, you don't have to be rude.
but the coolest thing I like to do
is surf Shocked yabbadabbadoo!

Mattgreenhough

City: Perth

PostPosted: May 21, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys done squabbling?...... Its been three years I certainly hope so, and I hope some of you are still out there.

I have been trying to find info on this subject for some time now and haven't been able to find much at all. What I have found has been written by self proclaimed experts with, dubious at best, knowledge of the subject matter or has been doctored by the authors with a great deal of bias and lies by omission (YouTube videos made by certain manufacturers).

I do however keep reading the same thing; If you want a wake boat you cant go past a V-Drive! Nowhere have I read any evidence to back this up and not one post on this thread has been based on anything but opinion.

For what reason dose a V-drive throw a better wake? Forget bow rise and quickness to plane, if you cant get up behind a well powered I/O maybe you should try knitting..... or lawn bowls... I don't care about top speed or ride through chop and its performance through a turn dosent matter either...

Can an I/O throw a wake just as good as a V-drive or better?

In one article the author stated that amongst other reasons, wake boats moved from in-boards to V-drives to move the weight over the transom. Surely the optimal position of weight in a vessel and the angle attack is different for different hulls? Otherwise an equally displaced I/O of similar dimensions could be presumed to produce a better wake on account of its bow rise induced by the trim of the leg and furthermore, dose the shaft angle of a V/drive not counteract an amount of weight over the transom through the lift it generates. Hell, even outboards start to sound better based on that theory?

Also, direct and V-drives tend to have a smaller deadrise across the transom with I/O having a deeper V

Is there a law in Fluid dynamics that makes V-drives better? Position of the prop forward or aft of transom creating high or low pressure pockets or redirecting prop wash off of the transom??

If a wake boat manufacturer could dedicated time to creating an equal I/O wake surely they would have done it by now? Or do they they make too much margin off of direct and V-drives to bother!?

Surely there must be a reason people are so adamant that V-drives are better. I, as an owner of one and rider behind many, know that they are good but why? I think you could possibly make an I/O wake equal too, if not better that a V-drive? Are they better or are we just consumer whores eating up all their marketing bull#$%t! Surely someone can tell me otherwise, based on facts and laws of physics or fluid dynamics... Its doing my head in!

Please. Before you respond, consider whether you have a legitimate argument and if "oh cos someone told me" applies, consider who it was giving you the information!
Wheeler
Criminal
Criminal

City: Decatur, AL

PostPosted: May 24, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I can come up with, just a theory of mine, is that a v-drive or dd wake is better for wakeboarding because the prop is angled down. All the turbulence generated by the prop goes below the wake.

I've wondered if you could modify the trim cylinder mounts on an I/o to point it down more and get a better wake.

I've also wondered why inboards cost so much more, the drive system on an I/o is much more complicated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: