Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Season is here....need a little advice:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesjxxx

City: athens

PostPosted: May 07, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: Season is here....need a little advice:) Reply with quote

Temp is in the high 80's and water is right...just have to find low wind....
Just started wakeboarding end of last season and bought a cwb 141 pure...it was stable but felt like it lacked pop. I was doing nice wtw jumps. Over the winter I purchased a nice 2003 mobius lsv and a couple of boards. One a 2007 liquid force Shane (rode twice so far last week and will never ride with center fins again:)) and a 2008 cwb transcend ...which of these boards do you guys prefer. My last question is about inverts...where is the the best place to start...I'm landing big wtw nicely(most of the time) and little surface spins...but it's just me and my wife which boards too, but nobody better to ride with to learn from.....thanks guys

FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: May 07, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post some videos and we'll comment.

How are your 180's? How's your switch riding? W2W's only heelside or also toeside? Get the basics down WELL before starting to huck inverts.

Haven't ridden any of those boards so can't comment on them. You might want to see what type they are (continuous, 3-stage, hybrid) or try to ride all 3 types and see what you like best.

mseller
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Charleston

PostPosted: May 07, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical inverts to start first are the backroll or tantrum. If you can get the cojones to start trying the raley that is supposedly one of the easiest once you get over the initial fear(i have yet to).
wesjxxx

PostPosted: May 07, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only practiced switch a bit.....most off my jumps are heelside but I take small jumps ts ..
I edge really well and aggressive both. And yes I prob should do more switch riding and land some
180's......but I just wanna flip:) ill prob try one or two letting go in air first Saturday...
I've been playing around sliding up wake and getting pop edging out quick like with the tantrum.
switch feels so awkward....I got up first try last year and was jumping w2w second day out.
just havnt had Much water time

Last edited by wesjxxx on May 07, 2014 7:18 am; edited 2 times in total
mseller
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Charleston

PostPosted: May 07, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like flyzone said i'd try and stay away from flipping just yet and really hone in the fundamentals...i wish i had practiced switch a lot more when i was first learning cause my progression has been limited
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: May 07, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also; you go w2w, but do you get good air? Or just fly w2w 5 inches above the water. Progressive edge? Position?
wesjxxx

PostPosted: May 07, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get decent air....line about 65ft with a pretty aggressive edge in. Boat about 19.5... I will have line at
70ft this weekend, boat about 21, and start my approach in further out in the flats. Last weekend
I mostly worked on standing taller hitting the wake and sliding around on surface. First
time I had went finless and love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: