Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

BIG guy wanting to wakeboard...help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDMDRM

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: BIG guy wanting to wakeboard...help Reply with quote

I am 6'4" 280lb i have no business wakeboarding but i gotta do it...Wife does great on a cwb 141cm...I can get about halfway out of the water only...Do I need a bigger board? Will the boat have to accelerate faster? What am I missing? I got the technique to the point of almost planing Im not plowing butt to heels relaxed just can't get on top.
samowelsby

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can surf with the same board but it will be better if you have a bigger one that can support your weight.
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDMDRM

I would look at a larger board. A 144-145 board would be better for you. You should be able to get up with a 141 pure.

Do you 'pop' the handle when you get halfway up and cannot hold on?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDMDRM I'm 6'4", 228lbs. My preference is to ride boards between 141-144.

A bigger board will make it a bit easier/better for you but you should be able to get up on a 141 with good technique. How fast is the boat going? What exactly is happening? You say you almost get up but what keeps you? Are you losing the handle?
Bahr888

City: Trinity

PostPosted: Apr 23, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try wrapping your arms around the outside of your knees , it makes you get in the right position . Then when you start to come out count to 3 then stand up. If you are almost out already then you just have poor technique . I am 240 lbs and I get up on a 140 cm board .... I fought and fought and got up a few times but was hurting everywhere. Now that I am wrapping my knees , I pop up every time without a fight ...... You just to bend knees in kinda pigeon toed until you get up. Practice on dry land with a friend pulling you up..... To get the feel. It gets much easier I promise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: