Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

T-Mobile vs. AT&T: Thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: T-Mobile vs. AT&T: Thoughts? Reply with quote

Wife and I are out of contract with AT&T and we're looking to get a phone plan together in the near future.

I have it narrowed-down to AT&T and T-Mobile. T-Mobile is looking MUCH better when it comes to prices, plus they have the Nexus 5 which is the phone I'm pretty sure I want. T-Mobile offers double the data (on their crazy fast network) AND can get both of the phones we want for $10 a month less than AT&T. We also travel out of country occasionally and their international options seem excellent.

With AT&T, they're slightly more expensive monthly for half the data and that's only factoring in payments on my wife's iPhone that she'd be getting. I'd have to buy the Nexus and bring it with me since they don't carry it in stores. I forgot to ask about international stuff in the store, but that won't be a deciding factor.

Based on this, I'm really leaning towards T-Mo. Biggest concern is coverage. Anyone have experience with T-Mobile and travel within the US? Coverage is excellent where I live, but we'll be doing a road-trip to Maine this summer and I want to make sure we're covered.

My other option is to wait and see if AT&T does some plan adjustments to combat T-Mobile's big push. Does anyone see that happening anytime soon? Our road trip isn't until June. We COULD wait until then and switch from AT&T after the trip for reliability, but honestly I'm geeking out about the N5 and kind of want to pull the trigger before then, haha.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Mo is not going to be awesome in the sticks in my experience. But if you are 99% in town and 1% out, T-Mo is who I would recommend to pretty much anyone who wanted to be on a major carrier with actual high-speed data and very few limits.

Your road trip will take you through the most heavily populated corridor in the USA. You will likely have coverage the entire way. Once in Maine, IDK, but check their maps. I know I wouldn't base a $x,000 decision on one week in Maine.

I'd say do it without hesitation. Get away from ATT/VZW and don't look back.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda my feeling. Talking to the wife tonight but I think we're gonna jump the AT&T ship ASAP.

Just noticed that T-Mo doesn't sell the 32GB Nexus, only the 16. Might have to just order the 32 and get it all done once it arrives.
Mikeob1
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Chicago/Milwaukee

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the switch from ATT to T-Mo in late December and have been very happy. I also picked up the Nexus 5 about two weeks ago after ditching my 4S. Like Chavez said, I've experienced good service in metro areas, but shoddy service out in the country. The amount I'll be saving is definitely worth more than the coverage disparity I may have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: