Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

catamaran trip through the Grenadines

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: catamaran trip through the Grenadines Reply with quote

Here's a quick review of the Catamaran trip we did at the beginning of December. We departed from St Lucia and spent a week on sailing through the Grenadines. If you haven't done a trip like this for Kiteboarding I'd highly recomend this. We kited at 5 different locations, St Lucia (the reef), Mayreau, Palm Island, Union (clifton) and the Tabago cays.

I think Union was probably my fave place as it's got some waves, lots of flat water and is within an hour sail of Palm and the Tabago cays (which are unbelieveable)

We sailed on a 47 foot cat, we hit some pretty decent seas on our way down from St lucia with the lucia to Vincent portion of the trip being the biggest seas we saw. 3-4 m swell. That Cat did pretty well with that but you certainly couldn't hang out on the trampoline up front during that portion. After St Vincent it's much more protected. I've never been to the southern part of the Caribbean and it's ultra exotic compared to places we've been in Mexico and Cuba. Beaches probably aren't quite as nice as there is quite a bit of rocky beaches as the islands really just go straight up out of the ocean. To see the Grenadines I think there are 32 islands that make up this area and really the only way would be by boat. St Vincent has black sand beaches which were very cool.

Snorkeling was pretty decent everywhere we went. With the best being in the Tabago cays, there we saw everything you can imagine, giant sea turtles, rays, a small shark, Dolphins. Probably the coolest part of the trip was kiting in the tabago cays with dolphins swimming next to us and giant turtles surfacing and skimming over them.

I'm going to have a hard time booking my next kite vacation in the Caribbean without booking another cat trip.

Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few more
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Dec 23, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have some really awesome video. I just bought a new mac so hopefully i can figure out the movie software and put something together. I ve been logging on to the google flight calculator the past couple of weeks. If i can find a cheap flight i so want to head back in the next couple of months.
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is really cool. video would be great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: