Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

2013 Goals, How'd ya do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: 2013 Goals, How'd ya do? Reply with quote

Some people's seasons are coming to a close. Figured we could talk about what goals we had and if we achieved them. Specific tricks, general riding, etc. So, how'd ya do?

Personally, this was a terrible year for me and wakeboarding. Lots of changes at work and getting married tied things up for me quite a bit and I just couldn't make the 30-40min. drive out to the cable every weekend. I at least managed to maintain my skills from the previous year and added an extra 180 to a couple of rail tricks I was working on, but overall my season was real bad in terms of progress.

With that said, it's some of the most fun I've had out on the water. Maybe because it was such a treat to actually get to go wakeboarding. I felt more comfortable on my board than I have in a while and just had fun the whole time. No pressure.

Hopefully next year I'll be in a place where I feel like pushing myself. Planning to ride through winter when I can (and I'm not kiting) so maybe I'll actually land something new...
wakeboarderdave1
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: St. Thomas, MO

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible. Went The Boarding School and only went wakeboarding once after that.

"When you've got that many stars on your hat, you're pretty good." - Keith Jackson
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this was my first full season it was pretty good. When it started I was still riding on the beginner cable and had my b1's, and front 3's down. I now have all the basic inverts on lock (raley, tantrum, roll to revert, scare crow and half cab). My switch riding is 500% better and I'm hitting all the sliders switch (henshaw, pool gap and Nessy). Also landed my first mobe (Pete rose) But it's far from consistent. I'm really working on my spins and rail work right now and since I live in florida and have a wetsuit my season really never ends. I'm looking forward to competing in the collegiate cable wake series starting in a few months and putting together a solid run
mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakeboarderdave1, How was the Boarding School? Would you recommend it? Bummer to hear you only got out once. What happened?

BigBadWolfe, I would love to have that many new tricks in the bag. Congrats.

This was my first full season owning my own boat. The closest lake is an hour away so we didnt go as much as I would have liked. We did take a week long trip to lake norman and a week and a half to Canada. I worked on the 3 and the tantrum. Didnt land either but I still had a really fun summer. Took a lot of friends and family out on the boat. Cant wait until spring.
Lemmy

City: Rotterdam

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sooooo slow... thought I'd get to some raleys by the end of last season and still can't grasp the mechanics. As for everything else, well...

I did get some tricks under my belt, but just not as quick as I could have.
wakeboarderdave1
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: St. Thomas, MO

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgs917 wrote:
wakeboarderdave1, How was the Boarding School? Would you recommend it? Bummer to hear you only got out once. What happened?

The boarding school was awesome. If I knew I'd be wakeboarding more every summer I'd start my season out that way every year. Travis and company are damn good coaches. That said, my wakeboarding days are about done I think. I don't really have the time or the desire to ride anymore. I have some bad habits that have kept me from getting any better and that has made wakeboarding frustrating. No riding partners and the nearest lake being at least 45 minutes away is also another reason I never go out.

"When you've got that many stars on your hat, you're pretty good." - Keith Jackson
FlatH20
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 05, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad theme to this thread - I can't add much progress either - I'm stuck in this funky slump where my riding is pretty stagnant- crappy form and bad habits punctuated with a lack of practice and no balls to throw something big.. On a positive note I did manage to progress on my toes to where I can consistently go w2w - being old and a beginner I suppose it's something - haven't quite closed out the season in the Pacific Northwest but the weather has totally sucked and it's been a tough season mustering the crew - waiting for a bluebird day or two and I'll see what I can do.. Great to hear the positive about Travis and the boarding school - headed to FL for spring break and intend to book a couple sets with Travis so I hope to hit the reset button in April. Another positive - my kid took the state title in the junior intermediate in the INT and really had a great season...
mseller
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Charleston

PostPosted: Nov 06, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my season was cut a little short due to a partial acl tear. still progressed fairly well making my tricks more consistent.

did land a backroll on the airchair while i couldn't wakeboard tho. my dad was pissed since i got it before him and that's the only thing he rides! Mr. Green
Will
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Queensland, Australia

PostPosted: Nov 12, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a crow mobe! also landed a tail poke bs 180, and heaps of switch tricks (tantrum, r2r, etc.) plus a heap of slider press and spin tricks I don't know the name of Smile hoping to get a few more before the end of the year! Not bad for a 35yo I reckon
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Nov 12, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Will! You ride cable or boat or both?
Will
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Queensland, Australia

PostPosted: Nov 12, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyZone CR wrote:
Nice Will! You ride cable or boat or both?

Cheers, I ride both. Although I'd like a little more boat time but cable is just so accessible to me ATM Smile
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Nov 13, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya! Wish we had a cable here...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: