Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Hypothetical question for the forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoahTreat

City: Sherwood

PostPosted: Jul 19, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Hypothetical question for the forum. Reply with quote

First post for me.
I'm in the market for my first inboard boat. Budget is 50k-60k. Not really concerned with wake boarding and wake suffering. I do those things but, not all the time. I'm more concerned with looks, sound, reliability, and looks.

My question is, taken the aforementioned in to account, would you buy a brand new boat in that price range. Maybe the tier 2 boats Tigé, Axis, etc.... Or a used Tier 1 boat MasterCraft, Malibu etc.....

I know that if you buy a brand new boat you might not get all the bells and whistles, but it would be brand new. And I bought a used one with some hours on it you could get more bells and whistles.

What would you do?

Bowen
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas...I miss SoCal

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're that consumed with looks I assume you're also consumed with brand. I mean you wouldn't want people to think you were poor with a $60k boat. So with that said you NEED to get a used XStar. Just make sure you have enough money left over for the coolest looking accessories. For instance, when you run out of room on the inside of the tower for speakers, start putting them on the outside. Then make sure you contract some up and coming graffiti artist to custom design your own wrap...something with barbed wire comes to mind;after all, you wouldn't want people to think that you have the same color boat as someone else.

But perhaps an even more important question is what kind of truck are you towing with? I mean if the truck isn't lifted with oversized rims and tires what is the point of all of this? So you might as well get a matching wrap for the truck... Rolling Eyes
brichter14
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need an x80. If you're not gonna wakeboard and surf much you might as well get the biggest wakeboard boat out there. You should have enough space on the tower for at least 12 speakers like the above poster mentioned. I wouldn't go with barbed wire for the wrap. Maybe something with a bunch of hundred dollar bills that are lit on fire.
NoahTreat

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you two have a sense of humor. I like it.

I'm not really concerned with the name on the side. If i was, the answer to this question would no doubt be an xstar. I don't need the biggest, baddest, loudest boat on the water. Actually I'm looking for a 20 ft so I can park it in my garage. I just want something reliable that looks good.

PS I drive a Ford F150 2005. Nothing fancy.

Wheeler
Criminal
Criminal

City: Decatur, AL

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about getting a lesser/older boat and getting a wrap?
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks: 80's Nautique 2001 or original 210/Super Air. Cleanest looking boats out there.
sound: 80's Nautique 2001 with double exhaust
reliability: not the 2001 but they're super easy to fix so some points for the 2001 anyway
looks: see above.

Verdict: save 50K and get the good ol' 2001!

brichter14
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so on a serious note. Just get an a20 brand new. They are sweet boats and stand out from the crowd.
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blows my mind that 50-60K is considered a budget boat....Laughing
NoahTreat

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheeler wrote:
Have you thought about getting a lesser/older boat and getting a wrap?

This is most definitely an option, my question is what would you do with 50K? Older boat with few hours and more bells and whistles a, or brand new boat?

FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never buy new.
Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Sac

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Hypothetical question for the forum. Reply with quote

NoahTreat wrote:
Not really concerned with wake boarding and wake suffering. I do those things but, not all the time. I'm more concerned with looks, sound, reliability, and looks.

Um? Go get a cigarette boat or something more capable and efficient than a wakeboard style towboat. It doesn't sound like you're interested in the utility or purpose of the boats the forum members here are interested in.

GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Bowen, X-Star is definitely the way to go if you're more in to image. Not to say it's not a great boat in its own right and awesome for wakeboarding but if you're going purely for image than X-Star is the way to go brah.

Now for the wake-boat 2013 mid-season fashion report!

As far as wraps go, skulls are definitely still the "in" thing as we move through the season. But if you want to be ahead of the game and prepared for next year, I really think that energy drink wraps are the way to go. With some room for a personal touch by selecting either Monster or Red Bull, you can really make your presence known on the water. The great thing is, they seem to always be a staple and will probably never go out of style, it's the 'little black dress' of boat wrap designs. In any case, barbed-wire, flame, and tribal designs are out and people will know you aren't legit, so stay far away from these dated patterns!

Moving along to accessories and trim. Chrome is a major no-go! Get that early 2000's stuff out of here! The modern wake boat stylist utilizes matte colors for the tower, trailer, and trailer wheels; preferably black on black on black. Board racks are a MUST and should be packed full at all times. I suggest at least two racks on each side of the tower and a rough ratio of 3:2 wakeboards to wakesurfers. You might not ride them, but it's a necessary touch to get bitches turning heads.

An often over-looked tower accessory is lighting. In my professional opinion, this is a HUGE miss and an easy way to really set your boat off and stand out in a crowd. While there are many options, a simple light bar set in the gap between the speakers and top of the tower is enough. The key though is to never use it but make sure it's big enough that people notice.

The final fashion tip for the season is about sound, and it's a really handy trick. Make sure that whatever mad thumpin' system you get installed requires the addition of at least 20 batteries. Not only will it allow you to make sure people 3 miles away are listening to your fantastic taste in alt rock and pop-rap music but, and here's the great part, you won't have any need to EVER use the ballast system that comes in many high-end boats. Simply shift a battery or two and clean that wake up so everyone can look at it's beauty and admire it from afar.

Last edited by GnarShredd on Jul 23, 2013 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Smile
Broccoli B
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Grand Rapids

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So since this is a hypothetical question you don't really have the 50k - 60k to spend do you.

lcap wrote:
you assume that i assume that my assuming is wrong and assume your assumption therefore must be correct.
NoahTreat

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broccoli B wrote:
So since this is a hypothetical question you don't really have the 50k - 60k to spend do you.

I've got it. The hypothetical part would be on your end, or who ever is answering the question.

NoahTreat

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GnarShredd wrote:
I second Bowen, X-Star is definitely the way to go if you're more in to image. Not to say it's not a great boat in its own right and awesome for wakeboarding but if you're going purely for image than X-Star is the way to go brah.

Now for the wake-boat 2013 mid-season fashion report!

As far as wraps go, skulls are definitely still the "in" thing as we move through the season. But if you want to be ahead of the game and prepared for next year, I really think that energy drink wraps are the way to go. With some room for a personal touch by selecting either Monster or Red Bull, you can really make your presence known on the water. The great thing is, they seem to always be a staple and will probably never go out of style, it's the 'little black dress' of boat wrap designs. In any case, barbed-wire, flame, and tribal designs are out and people will know you aren't legit, so stay far away from these dated patterns!

Moving along to accessories and trim. Chrome is a major no-go! Get that early 2000's stuff out of here! The modern wake boat stylist utilizes matte colors for the tower, trailer, and trailer wheels; preferably black on black on black. Board racks are a MUST and should be packed full at all times. I suggest at least two racks on each side of the tower and a rough ratio of 3:2 wakeboards to wakesurfers. You might not ride them, but it's a necessary touch to get bitches turning heads.

An often over-looked tower accessory is lighting. In my professional opinion, this is a HUGE miss and an easy way to really set your boat off and stand out in a crowd. While there are many options, a simple light bar set in the gap between the speakers and top of the tower is enough. The key though is to never use it but make sure it's big enough that people notice.

The final fashion tip for the season is about sound, and it's a really handy trick. Make sure that whatever mad thumpin' system you get installed requires the addition of at least 20 batteries. Not only will it allow you to make sure people 3 miles away are listening to your fantastic taste in alt rock and pop-rap music but, and here's the great part, you won't have any need to EVER use the ballast system that comes in many high-end boats. Simply shift a battery or two and clean that wake up so everyone can look at it's beauty and admire it from afar.

Well done. Can't wait for the End of season fashion report.

BrtnDan
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious Answer:

Wait till 2014 boat shows and get an a20 w/ surfgate.

Wakeboard boats are one of the only things I'd buy new, because they hold their value so well.
Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Hypothetical question for the forum. Reply with quote

BrtnDan wrote:
Serious Answer:

Um? Why?

NoahTreat wrote:
Not really concerned with wake boarding and wake suffering.

GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nor*Cal, Street cred bro.
Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GnarShredd, which is why I suggested a go-fast boat. Sweet tribal paint and big blocks lopping along as you idle around looking cool.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But imagine if he could tell everyone about his surfgate on TOP of everything else.

Two words:

Panty Dropper (also probably a good name for the boat)
BrtnDan
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Hypothetical question for the forum. Reply with quote

Nor*Cal wrote:
BrtnDan wrote:
Serious Answer:

Um? Why?

NoahTreat wrote:
Not really concerned with wake boarding and wake suffering.

Ahhh shoot I thought he wanted to get EXTREME.

Looks like he just wants to get turnt up.

this is the correct answer

Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Hypothetical question for the forum. Reply with quote

BrtnDan wrote:
Ahhh shoot I thought he wanted to get EXTREME.

Looks like he just wants to get turnt up.

this is the correct answer

Exactly Miami Vice cool...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: