Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Chaparall Xtreme Tow boat 204??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gx205
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Chaparall Xtreme Tow boat 204?? Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone has one of these or has rode in one? I'm looking to buy a new boat, and I know most on here are all for a V-Drive boat for wakeboarding and things, but my needs are more for an I/O.

On the lake I use we always pull our boats right up to the banks, and secure them, plus we do a lot of pleasure riding and sometimes the lake can get pretty choppy, plus we are sometimes 20 plus miles away from where our campsite is, so if a storm brews up, we need a boat that can scat.

Chaparalle is saying that their Xtreme boats are a lot like a wakeboarding boat. They come with perfect pass, Wetsounds speakers, and ballast tanks.

We like to wakeboard some and it would be nice to have a good size wake, I know an I/O is no good for wake surfing, but no ne in our group does that.

We mainly ski, wakeboard, and tube.

Thanks
pet575
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Kansas City, MO

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the "improving your I/O" thread. Lots of info in there about how to get the most out of your I/O's wake.
Suprahunter
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Lowell

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IO runabouts are always comparing themselves to inboards. Inboards dont even consider IOs as competition . If you try hard enough you may be able to get decent results with substandard equipment . For the kind of money you are talking about you can have a true tow boat that will out perform any IO.
gx205
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suprahunter, like I said in my other post, I clearly se I picked the wrong forum to get any advice on what I was asking.

I'm getting nothing but typical posts like yours.

A true tow boat will out perform any I/O, really? Maybe overall wake, but like I tried to say by Chaparral's videos, they are boasting pretty good things about their wake. Inboards better at surfing?, yes I would agree with that, but that's the end of their advantage.

Overall ride quality on an I/O is better, especially when you hit choppy water. An I/O with a V-8 will outrun an inboard all day long on topend. I could keep going but it doesn't matter.

I was never on here to say which was better inboard or I/O. I was here asking for opinions on this boat.

It never got accomplished and it's clear it's never going to, so I've moved on.
Suprahunter
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Lowell

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two differant boats that do great in their own catagories . The issues arise when one starts goeing after the others strong side . You listed the strong side for the IO. You didnt list the strong side for the inboard. The fact is inboards are tow boats that is what they do best, If you want a fast cruser that you can take out in rough seas , put on the beach, entertain on and does an OK job at towing riders then I think the IO is for you. If you want the best possible pull for all water sports then your best option is an inboard.
Wheeler
Criminal
Criminal

City: Decatur, AL

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone here know what makes an inboard/v-drive wake better? I realize hull shape has a large effect, but, you could you put an I/o on the same hull and have the same wake? My guess is no.

My theory is that the prop on inboards angles down, and the churned up water doesn't get into the wake. I/O's, even trimmed all the way down, are basically level and that turbulent water causes the wake to wash out.

This is also what makes I/o's so good at what they do, trim them up and they really go. My old v6 19' I/o would do 55mph (gps) trimmed up, while my v8 21' inboard will only do 45mph. But the wake is much better with the inboard.

Make me wonder, if you could modify an I/o to trim "way down", if the wake would clean up and have the best of both worlds?
bjeremi
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Owasso

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really good point/idea.
jamespjackson95
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ridden behind one and I can tell you it is a very nice boat and fully loaded with wet sounds perfect pass and all. The wake is ok, not the best but it's do-able. If wakeboarding and wakesurfing are not primarily what you will be doing on the lake then go for it. My friends dad bought one a few years ago brand new believing it would be a good wake boat. After my friend rode behind my 2000 supra launch, dd not vdrive, he never wanted to ride his boat again. It's just a much different pull and wake behind a true inboard. But I love how huge that boat is compared to my supra. But rember there are some huge wake boats as well. I would definatly ride behind some before purchasing and possibly making a huge mistake like my friends dad. We will be testing his boat soon with a bunch of my ballast bags to see if the wake gets any bigger. There's does have factory ballast but it's only like 300ish lbs. I'm going to bring like 2k lbs of sacs from my supra to see if the wake gets any better. And also inboards do hold their value much better. That might be something to consider especially if you like having the newest stuff when it comes out. I've had 3 I/Os and 2 inboards all within the last year and I am very familiar with the market. I'll let you know how the ballast test goes.
ridininmd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why the second thread on the exact same subject? I'll ask the same question that's been asked, what's your angle? With two threads on the same subject I don't buy for a second that you're just looking for info. Seems more likely that you're part of that marketing plan I was talking about.

jamespjackson95 just gave basically the same review I did in your other post, I guess he's just pro inboard and nothing else as well?

Link to the other thread by the same OP
forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?p=1338794
gx205
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off ridininmd, maybe look a little closer before spouting off and know what your talking about.

This was my FIRST POST, as I first learned about this boat, then didn't get much response, so started looking more.

Then I ran across Chaparral's videos, so I started that thread about all of Chapparal's Xtreme boats, to see if I could get some opinions.

It's clear to me that I was on the wrong forum, so I've moved on. Some had their "opiniuons" and I appreciate them. Others want to "accuse and judge", that's not me.

Believe what you want to believe, make your ASSumpions, type away!

I'm who I said I am, got a problem? message me and I'll give you my phone number. I don't hide behind a computer.
ridininmd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
bjeremi
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Owasso

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I smell a troll
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: