Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Comptech Safety Trick Release Goup Buy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you currently use any type of trick release safety device?
Yes I do.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, but I'm thinking about it.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
No and I don't care
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

TeamAllen

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Comptech Safety Trick Release Goup Buy Reply with quote

This group buy is working directly through the manufacturer SKYSKI. http://skyski.com/store/comptech-saf...k-release.html
Ask for Jake. His email address is jake@skyski.com 1-888-SKY-SKI1

MSRP is $650 (they are thinking of raising it to $699)
10+ participants $585
20+ participants $525
Trick Release Clevis $30 ea. (at time of purchase, normally $40)

Deal ends on July 31st.
Plus shipping, Tax in CA, They accept all major CC, PayPal is possible, but not preferred.

They never discount this product and they manufacture it ALL in house.

I have wanted some type of safety system for my ropes ever since I read this earlier thread.
I WARN YOU DO NOT READ THIS THREAD IF YOU GET SQUEAMISH AT ALL!!!! The image and story have never left my mind.
http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?11982

Since then I have heard numerous stories of how ropes/handles can become so dangerous. One was how a boat ran over the rope, in the water, and started spooling up the loose rope. As it pulled tight it coiled around a passengers hand and they ended up loosing their hand. You can see that this product is not just for foilers, but for anyone riding behind or in the boat.

1. TeamAllen

TeamAllen

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

I just spoke with Jake at SkySki. I count 10 people committed to buying the product between the different forums. The Malibu Crew is kicking our butts, by the way. Jake has only received 4 confirmed orders. They do not want to ship now and issue refunds, it would be a paper work nightmare. One we get to ten confirmed orders they will start processing invoices and will ship them when we get to 20.

So first thing is to send an email to Jake expressing your interest in placing an order. Then spread the word so we can reach 20 and get these things on our boats.
TeamAllen

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran across an article discussed on the MasterCraft Forum. A 13 year old girl lost her arm, from the rope/handle while kneeboarding, of all things. So if you think you don’t need one of these because you aren’t trying crazy tricks, this might change your mind?
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050815/NEWS01/508150320
TeamAllen

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the poll , I guess it doesn't matter much, but for the minority, we are WELL over the 20 needed for the max discount. SkySki wasn't anticipating us reaching that amount so soon, so it looks like they will be ending the group buy early and soon. I will know the actual time tomorrow, when the boss returns and I will post it up.

If you are on the fence, it's decision time! Get your email into Jake ASAP! This offer will end soon. DO NOT DELAY!
TeamAllen

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DEADLINE FOR DEAL HAS BEEN SET BY SKYSKI FOR 4:00 PM TODAY Pacific Time.
That's 5 hours from now so do not delay and get your orders in NOW!!!!

Sorry for anybody that might get missed by this tightened deadline, but it's out of my control.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: