Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

help with apple products

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbcs16
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: help with apple products Reply with quote

I want to put all of the movies I own on DVD (about 250 movies) on my computer and be able to watch them on the tv. What is the best way to accomplish this? I have a MacBook Pro and an itunes account. I have tried loading a few movies into itunes and they will play there, but I can't get a good connection when I plug the computer into the tv. I get a lot of feedback. We are also considering getting apple tv in the near future, but I do not know much about it yet. If I load a lot of movies, will it take up all of the space on my computer and slow it down? I love Mac products and know they will do amazing things......just don't know how to use them yet.
Jensen
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chico

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to try and accomplish this very soon with a DROBO 5N. not the cheapest method but it will provide me with a dedicated server like database to hold all my movies/music and plug into my apple router to broadcast it to my whole network. Then with the app stream to me or plex I will be able to stream all my movies while away from home to my ipad/macbook. At home I can then use my smart TV to stream via DLNA to my drobo all of my media to my connected devices.

I thought about converting my old pc to a server but it is loud and in large tower and I'd rather not leave it on 24/7. The drobo will be more efficient all around.

http://www.drobo.com/products/professionals/drobo-5n/
Jensen
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chico

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

annnnd I just realized this post is 5 months old , oh well. Laughing
jbcs16
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info..... even if it is 6 months later. I will check it out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: