Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

new boat 2013 X-25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: May 23, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: new boat 2013 X-25 Reply with quote

Well I got word that the boat was being loaded on the trucks today. Should be riding behind the boat by the first week of June if all goes well...

Can't wait, it's been 7 years since i bought my last boat. here's a couple of teaser pics...

mcfactory6b.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  150.46 KB
 Viewed:  11222 Time(s)

mcfactory5b.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  223.62 KB
 Viewed:  11222 Time(s)

Last edited by Bambamski on Jun 10, 2013 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
JRW160
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Huntsville

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x25?
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 03, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x-25 good guess It arrived last week, bad timing on my point as i booked a boys golf trip to whitefish last weekend so I didn't pick it up. Hopefully this week and I'll snap some pictures if the sun ever shines around here again.....
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I snapped some pictures of the boat last night off of my phone Kind of crappy resolution but you get the idea. When i have a second i'll right a little blurb on the my initial thoughts... Picked it up around 4pm yesterday afternoon and headed to the lake with her. Put 4 four hours of running up and down the lake then I went for a quick board to finish off the night.

interiora.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  220.13 KB
 Viewed:  10860 Time(s)

creeka.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  208.51 KB
 Viewed:  10860 Time(s)

GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's a beaut!

Is it really a bass-boat-like glitter finish or is that reflection from the water? Either way I dig it.
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's full on fleck. OUr last boat didn't have it and i never heard the end from the wife that we were the only boat that didn't have the sparkle. That was the deal, I got the new boat if she got the sparkle.

It does look pretty amazing on the water for sure. I wasn't sure about the grey sparkle but that really looks spectacular in the sun. Picks up all the different colors...

GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a really good compromise. I'd take that any day for a ride like that.
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Review

It had been quite some time since my last boat purchase, I used to trade my boat in every two years or so. When I bought my 2005 x-2 I started looking to trade the boat in after a couple of years and really couldn’t find anything that I liked as much as the 205v wake.

First impression, 10 hours later I’m getting a decent feel for the boat. I’ve had quite a bit of experience with buddies that own a number of different boats. So there’s always some things you like and some you don’t! I have Buddies that currently own an X-2, X-15, X-star, 23lsv, 22mxz, tige rzr for comparison.

For a 21.5 foot boat it has a ton of room. The cockpit has about the same amount of room as the X-15 and it feels a bit bigger in the cockpit then the 22mxz and xstar. The Lsv cockpit is bigger for sure, but the boat is 18 inches longer as well. The molded in seats in the two back corners are pretty comfy, the middle seat isn’t quite as deep because of the molded corner seats so it probably wouldn’t be my first choice to sit in. The seat behind the drivers seat is great, it has the removable back rest which is money, I don’t understand why all boats that have the wrap around seats don't offer this. The port side seat is super deep (wide) which is nice, the old 205v hull doesn’t have the width that the new X-25 has. The bow is nice and wide with the pickle fork and offers pretty decent room over the traditional bow. It’s much larger than the X-2 pickle fork bow but it’s about 6 inches shorter I’d guess the then the Xstar bow. The two molded in seats facing the back of the boat in the bow are actually very comfortable and offer people that are riding in the bow a good view of the action going on when there are people boarding. The bow seats facing forward with the arm rests are great, a 6 foot adult can’t stretch fully out while sitting but they offer a decent amount of room, my 5”5 daughters can stretch out. I had three adults in the bow for most of Saturday and they had plenty of room.

We haven’t really used the back seats yet. The water is pretty cool in our neck of the woods still so when we’re surfing people were just sitting on the sun pad over the engine. The pad doesn’t have as much as room as the Xstar, it feels more like the X-15 or X-2 sun pad but with the walk way in the middle. The driver’s seat is super comfortable and swivels all the way around. That’s different then my old X-2 and when you’re just floating the driver doesn’t have to twist around in the seat, you just swivel and face everyone which is very nice.

The tower, I really wasn’t sure about the tower, I really still like the four point towers of the 2010 xstars. However it’s starting to grow on me. The tower folds down in 8 seconds flat and a 10 year old kid could fold the tower down unassisted. I really like the way the tower folds and locks when you are traveling which is already helping reduce all the bugs and crap on my tower and speakers. The more I use the boat the more I like the tower.

The 2013 ballast system is better then my buddies that have 2009 and 2010 xstars. I’m still playing with the ballast timers and haven’t quite got them figured out. I got the extra 450 lb bags(plug and play) in the two back compartments and the timers are set for 5 minutes and 30 seconds to fill both the bags and stock ballast. They don’t completely fill at that time but gets them 95% full which seems to be work well wake wise. The center internal ballast fills in about 5 minutes as well. What is nice is you can scroll through the touch screen and change the time on the ballast timers which has never been an option till 2013. Speaking of the touch screen it works surprisingly well. I had low expectations on how well the screen would work and I figured I would use the manual switches more but that hasn’t been the case at all.

The X-25 comes with the surf tabs and the attitude middle plate. Fully weighted the auto launch works very well and gets the boat up to speed very quickly. I’d say a good 3-4 seconds faster than if you don’t use the middle trim tab (auto launch). The surf tabs work quite well to clean up the wake. I haven’t surfed behind the starboard side yet but the surf wake on the port side is nothing we’ve ever surfed before. Beats the Xstar, X-2 X-15 wakes for sure. The surf tabs work well to clean the wake up but really that’s all they do. Nothing beats good old fashioned ballast. We through a 500 lb sack under the port side seats (which has massive storage) and emptied the starboard ballast. We had 6 people in the boat and were sitting mostly on the ports side and it had a great pocket with lots of push. My wife has done three 360’s and rode them out ever, she rode her first one out ever attempted behind the x-25. It’s going to be a good surf year for her I think. If you want to surf further back I think you’d have to add some more weight to the bow which we haven’t tried yet. Every boat company has their gimmick. The surf tabs and surf gate are just really the latest. My buddy that has the LSV has nothing but good things to say about the surfgate, it helps clean up and shape the wake. However it’s pretty much unsurfable and it’s not great without extra ballast. The day we were on his boat he didn’t have any extra bags on board and it wouldn’t have been as good as my old X-2 weighted. I’ve seen pictures of them surfing behind it fully weighted and it really is night and day. Boat companies make these wild claims, remember tige 7-8 years ago saying their taps system was a replacement for ballast. Nothing replaces good old weight period. There’s my gimmick rant…

Wakeboarding is really what we all still like to do. Wow, the look on everyone’s face the first time hitting the wake has been priceless. Pretty much the main reason we bought the boat was because of the wake shape. It’s got a good transition and it gets steep with a nice lip and offers huge pop which has always been my issue with other boat wakes. That’s what I liked about my old x-2 (205v) and the X-25 has pop and then some over the 205v. My best description would be it’s a bit of a cross between the old SAN210’s and the 205v but bigger and without the SAN trough after the wake. Also what I like is just with around 1300 lbs of total weight over stock it produces an awesome boarding wake which was always my concern with other boats as most seem to need 3k or more to produce a fun wake to ride.

Handling, it’s a bit of a pig. I’m coming from the 205v but I wouldn’t call the X-25 a fun boat to drive. It does ok, maybe similar to the xstar? The RZR drives so much nicer but It’s also 1.5 shorter and probably a 1000 lbs lighter. I’d say it’s similar to the what the lsv drives like without the wedge down. I haven’t been in rough water with the boat so I can’t comment quite yet. Going over my own wake it seems to slice through pretty well though. The bow rides quite a bit higher than the xstar bow and I’ve yet to come even close to taking on water. The one thing I have noticed is how far the platform is under water though. The Xstar platform even weighted is usually sitting right around the water level, unweighted it’s what three inches over the water? The X-25 is probably 3 inches under with the 450’s filled? Not a big deal but when the water is cool it’s nice to put the boots on without getting wet… kind of a wuss I know.

Storage isn’t as good as some of the other boats mentioned above. Xstar, LSV, mxz all have more storage for sure. Where you lose a good chunk of the storage is under the sun deck/beside the engine. Because the X-25 gives you more interior room then those boats (for the size) you lose the huge storage caverns like the Xstar has. Under the port side observers seat there is quite a bit of storage and under the port side bench there’s a ton of room, you could probably fit a 900 lb sack there I’d guess. The bow has the flip up seats on both sides but the actual storage is pretty shallow under those seats. There is a decent sized cooler behind the driver’s seat which is hidden quite well so at least you’re not tripping over the cooler like our old x-2. It still has probably more storage then you really need so I don't see that as being an issue.

We still need to play around a little bit with the boat. So far it’s been everything we were hoping for and more. I’m sure we’ll run into our little issues here and there as with every boat out there. The boat isn’t for everyone, that’s for sure. If you’re looking to upgrade your older 205v or SAN for more room but don’t want to give up that wake you’ve grown to love I’d seriously look at the X-25. If you like the rampy less straight up pop wake of an Xstar you might not like riding behind the X-25. What I like is you don’t have to throw in 4k of ballast to get a fun wake to ride so even though the cost of the boat broke the bank…. Filling the boat up each day won’t be quite so painfull.

E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice review, Bam....

Congrats on the new boat....really like it!
V8 Killer
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bridgeport

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice boat, congrats man!

My friend has an X-25 and is pretty famous for building the most amazing surf wake ever seen behind an X-25. If you're interested, google "Ryan Woon X25". You can see his wake on youtube and he's an active member on multiple wakeboard/wakesurf websites.

Enjoy the new boat!

Dusty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: