Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Competition Run Help (Cable)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Competition Run Help (Cable) Reply with quote

I made a post a few months ago about this but it's finally here and I've got (what I think) is a solid run down. Depending on if I can get off work in time, I'm going to compete in the Cable Points Chase this summer at Mccormicks. http://www.pointschase.com/ First time competing in years.

I'm planning to enter Novice and see how I do. I feel like I'm riding the line between novice and intermediate but would like advice on that too. Don't want to be sandbagging but I really don't know if I can compete in the next level up. Here's the rules for that division:

Nov. Wakeboard: 40% Sliders / 40% Kickers / 10% Ollie & Air Tricks / 10% Composition

Kickers: Spins - Front Side 360s and backside 180s Only. One Basic Invert allowed in Run
Air Tricks: Ollie 180 and 360 both front side and backside. One Air Trick (Only: Railey, Roll, Roll to Revert or Krypt) can be done in the run.
Rails: Judges Discrestion (No Transfers)
WildCard: Intermediate Run Restrictions

From my understanding I get one full loop around the park, then a "wildcard" trick on any one obstacle before I get back to tower 1.

Planned run (I ride goofy). Planning to do pretty much the same run both times, might switch up the rail tricks a little but kickers and air will be the same for sure (unless I learn something new).

1. HS grab FS360 off the first kicker.
2. BS Nose press BS 180 out flatbar.
3. Switch BS boardslide 180 off round incline.
Towers 1,2,3
4. HS roll/revert (my one flats air trick I get)
5. HS Wallride fs 180 out.
6. Rooftop BS Boardslide press up, BS lip press down (maybe with BS 180 off).
7. Scarecrow off of the final kicker (toeside obviously).
Wildcard: HSFS 540 off of the kicker (my more risky one, haven't done one in a LONG time) or a FS lipslide over the a-frame gap BS 180 out (can pretty much land every time).

Thoughts? Anything to tweak? I'd like to be able to switch some of it out since there are multiple days for the comps and I'm going to try and attend as many as possible since I think the points add-up over all of them, looks like 6 total dates.
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any advice but just wanted to say good luck. I'll be competing in one points chase event at OWC novice division, to get my feet wet.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to bump myself up to intermediate and push myself a little more. Going to be tougher but I think I can compete (we'll find out this afternoon!). My weak spot is obviously air tricks and I'm at a cable that's not friendly to my stance direction, but I can at least throw one and then work on some new ones in between comps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: