Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Writing my first real business plan!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Business and Finance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Apr 25, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Writing my first real business plan! Reply with quote

So I'm going to try and make it happen. I'm going to start my own business with a friend. Employees, a name, investing in equipment, etc. We are planning to start in the tourism industry and the 5-year plan is to expand in to the fitness world with our own new unique gym concept while continuing to run the tourist portion.

We're starting a trapeze company. The area I live in thrives on tourism, so our idea is to purchase a mobile trapeze rig and sell a 'trapeze experience' to beach-goers and vacationers (marketed mostly to families), likely by the half-hour/hour or per try (still working out the details).

We both have years of experience with the trapeze and all rigging/safety training that comes with it and have both spent hours working with complete beginners teaching them trapeze for the first time. We both have also worked in a similar situation at other trapeze setups working with tourists of all ages. A unique set of skills but perfect for what we want to do.

I'm only a few hours in to writing our business plan but I'm getting more and more excited as I go. Usually I'll start something like this and talk myself out of it, but I think that if we work hard and do this right we'll be able to cover the cost of most of our equipment after the first year while still paying our employees. Of course, I'm sure things will end up twice as expensive as we thought and there will be problems, but what's a business venture without risk?
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Apr 25, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on. Good luck man, that's exciting!
ridininmd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 25, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds pretty cool, my girl and I spend the weekend in clearwater every couple months and would for sure be interested in riding down to check that out.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridininmd, Right now the goal is to launch next March/April. Fairly quick timeline but most of my time not working will be spend working on this so I think it's doable.
ridininmd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, good luck with it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Business and Finance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: