Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Kite Suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Kite Suggestions Reply with quote

So I took my first lesson and by the end of it was able to ride and do basic turns and I could also stay up-wind (but still needed to do some work on moving upwind better. Anyway, I think i'm hooked and the instructor just told me to forget further lessons and buy my own gear. So that's where I stand.

I'm looking at Cabrinha since that's what I learned on and I'm comfortable with the safety systems that are installed on it. (Althoough I'm open to any suggestions as long as the kite is a 4-line with some kind of depower system, I like the simplicity/safety of it).

Right now I'm looking at the Switchblade since It seems to be a bit more for wake-style riding and less for the 'dangling in the air' style riding that I want to stay away from.

I don't even think anyone really reads this section anymore but thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks!
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Dec 10, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!! I still check it from time to time. The rest is gravy, just put some time in and youll be good to go to ride anywhere.

As far as kites, they are all pretty much the same these days. They have all mastered the dynamics that make them pull efficiently. Get whatever you can get on the cheap. If you got a hookup on Cabrinha then do it. The brand wars are even worse in kiteboarding so dont believe the hype. Anyone can rip on any kite.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
Ibiza

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride switchblades. I have a 9m 2011 and a 12m 2013. To be honest, the older ones pull a bit too much when yuo unhook, but the 2013 are way nicer, with a bit more slack after you pop.

When I got my 2013 one, after 2 sessions with it I landed my first backmobes.

The Cabrinha Chaos is also a good kite and has more slack. My friend rides it but hasnt got anywhere near the wind range of my switchblade.

Slingshot RPMs are a good choice as well, but I would fully recommend the 2013 Switchblades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: