Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Help me pick a new board

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pauly2xs

City: Lafayette

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Help me pick a new board Reply with quote

I've only been wakeboarding once but I bought a boat last summer and going to b buying a tower and wakeboard before this summer. I've looked at a bunch of boards and was wondering about the fins on the bottom. Would it be better to to get a board wth 4 fins or a board with only 2 in the center? Also i'm 6 feet tall and almost 150 pounds,I've heard that I should use a board length from 134-138 but what if I went longer? how would it affect my ride? Is there any brand of board that is just junk and I shouldn't get? One more question. Are boot sizes around the same as shoe sizes? I wear like a 10.5 or 11 in DC's will it be the same for boots? thanx for taking the time to read all my questions it seems like a lot
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest a board in the 138 range. You will find more of the beginner board packages to have a center fin and a more easy to ride shape. Boards like the Hyperlite State, Liquid Force trip, CWB Pure and the Ronix Vault will all be a real easy to ride setup. I would select the middle size board in that lineup. If you buy from a pro shop you will get a good setup. I would stay away from some of the off brands that are not sold in wakeboard shops. If you are buying your wakeboard from a Bass boat dealership you are probably not getting the pro shop level product.

You would get bindings based on your shoe size. So look for a binding that fits 7.5-11.5 and you would be good. most of the entry level bindings will fit a range of shoe sizes. 9-12, 8-12, 7.5-11.5 are some examples of the binding sizes.

you can always support our messageboard and shop at http://www.boardstop.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
pauly2xs

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for the reply. I skateboarded for a bunch of years so I'm hoping it won't take me long to get the hang of wakeboarding. If so it won't be long before im trying to jump wakes and get air, are center fins good for this type of riding? Also I'm ballin on a budget especially if I want to buy a tower also (which I think will help me as a beginner) with that said I know in other things u get what u pay for so I'm fearing going cheap on a board that I won't like it when i get it

Thanx for the boardstop link I looked though it and do like some of your boards plus u have free shippping which is a bonus
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can also get you a tower at wakeboardtowers.com. We are almost done setting up that website.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
pauly2xs

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure I will buy a tower also if I can get one I like at a decent price but even some used ones are still over a grand, I will probably just go with something basic like the ICE till I can afford a forward facing tower set up which i like the most, I'm down with supporting you guys and would love to check out the site when it's up.... It looks like using a tower would be a lot easier to get up than right off the back of the boat....is this so?
pauly2xs

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your site is up it looks like....and I do like some of the towers there thanx for the heads up.
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are still working out a few bugs.. but we will have the tower you need. I would look at the monster towers if you want a universal.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the Monster Towers. I had one and not only is it a great product, but a great company if you ever run in to an issue. They helped me out a lot when I broke stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: