Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Pioneer VSX-1122 vs Denon AVR-1913

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Pioneer VSX-1122 vs Denon AVR-1913 Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience with these?

As some know, I picked up a Pioneer VSX-1122 the other day. On paper it looks great. In practice I am finding some glaring issues that may or may not get fixed via software updates.

2 big, and I mean dealbreaking issues I have found are

1) Pandora isn't friggin working. Login is a total PITA, then it just gives a network error. (I know the network is just fine)
2) No OSD of volume or current input!! Grrr. They built this in to their prior 1121, and its a feature in the future 1123, but the 1122 doesn't have it. WTF. So putting this in an enclosed cabinet is a pain, as to see this info I'd have to go into the full OSD, or use the app, or open the cabinet. None of which is easy to explain to my wife or in-laws.

It has lots of whizbang neato features that work fine, but its a total buzzkill when things you really want/need it to do are not-functioning or not-present.

OTOH - the Denon AVR-1913 on-paper says it does what I need it to do, but we shall see. I'm curious if anyone here has this Denon or similar and can give input. I'm checking hometheaterforum and there are tons of pages of random babbling there, kind of a pain to wade through it....

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, everything the Denon claims to do, it does, and without hassle. Audessey setup took like 5 minutes (compared to 15 for MCACC for Pioneer).

OSD is of volume/input is a HUGE help.
Pandora works great.
Internet Radio auto-detects your location and lists local streaming stations (wife will love this!).
Running the Denon in "Multi-Channel Stereo" works excellent for nighttime viewing at low volume.

Still have some playing to do, but I am very optimistic about this one.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: