Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Binding size

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slj029

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Binding size Reply with quote

Hello everyone I'm new to wakeboarding all together. I just bought a boat last year and started kneeboarding and tubing. But my wife bought me a wakeboard for Xmas. And the bindings she bought are a med. they said they would fit my feet (size10) but they are so tight that they hurt my feet. So my question is what would be a good binding for my wider feet?
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slj029, If you are 10 wide a large binding would probably be your best bet. What kind of boot is it? Some of the older water ski style boots will be a lot tighter. Anything made in the last 3 years or so will be snug but comfy. Do you have a shop that would give you an opportunity to try some on? What brands are you looking at? Some fit a bit differently (kind of like shoes) depending on the brand.
slj029

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are liquid force alpha bindings. And there isn't a shop around me that would have any for me to try on the local marinas don't have any. So she had to order them.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a great buying guide to give you a lot more info on correct fit, features, etc.

http://www.evo.com/how-to-choose-a-wakeboard-boot-and-bindings-size-guide.aspx#Fit

As far as general buying goes, just generally follow your shoe size (in addition to their generic "medium", "Large", etc. terms they should also list a shoe-size range). That is to say, if the wife got you a size 8-10 binding but you're more of a 10.5 (or like you said, wide 10), I'd go with the next size up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: