Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Caribbean kite spots. Flatwater in September?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Dec 18, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Caribbean kite spots. Flatwater in September? Reply with quote

Planning a honeymoon for next September and while finding a nice place for that is the priority, if it happened to coincide with an awesome kite spot I wouldn't mind. Just looking for some solid flatwater winds. I've got a 12m and am probably going to have a 16m by the time next year rolls around so i've got a pretty big wind range to work with.
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The turks. You do realize it is the height of hurricane season right?

The dr is crazy busy and doesnt have any real flat water. Good waves according to a buddy that has a place there. Not a very safe place though.

Peurto rico. Decent waves. The south apparenty has some good flat water riding through the mangroves. Hard to get to. Pretty much need a boat.

St. Lucia. Most of the resorts are on the opposite side of where you kiteboard. Not really flat water. Choppy lake like conditions.

North shore cuba where i go. Best flat water ive ever seen in my life. High tide its between two feet to four feet. Low tide you have to watch out for bare patches, stopping suddenly kind of sucks.

Honeymoon i would say the turks. My buddy has a place there. He says they kite out front of his place. 6 feet to 8 feet deep. The next bay over is shallow and flat for miles he says. There is only one all inclusive resort there. Most of it is condo rentals and eating out. Kiteprovo is the kite group that rides out there if you wanted to checkout their website.

GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bambamski, Thanks for the tips! Yeah, we realize it's hurricane season (both of us are born and raised Floridians, haha), but there are some great deals out there for that time of year. I figure if we go southeast enough we won't have to worry a ton. I'll take a look at your suggestions.
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't have a great picture of the flat water area. a good chunk of those kites are ripping on butter though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: