Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Heads-up on Viking boat lift / Viking Marine International

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keithf

City: Houston area, TX

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Heads-up on Viking boat lift / Viking Marine International Reply with quote

Hi, if you are considering buying a Viking boat lift (www.vikingboatlift.com), be aware that unfortunately we, and others, have had a very poor experience with this company.

It has been nearly 15 months, since Viking Marine International received our US$4000 deposit, for a boat lift they promised to deliver and install in "4 to 6 weeks".

As of July 22 2011 we still don't have a boat lift.

We have send demands for our money back, but have not received that either.

See the full story here - http://myvikingboatliftexperience.blogspot.com

We hope this helps folks make informed buying decisions.

Safe boating! Keith - Supra 22 SSV
twolfcorner2009

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it to the BBB, or make a claim in the appropriate court and have the summons sent directly to the CEO/President of the company, that'll get someone's attention. The BBB will also help you in getting the issue resolved.
kartman
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: meridian, Idaho

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would take a road trip, plane ride and show up at their office. bet they havnt had that happen yet.
MRMDFY

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was your deposit paid by credit card? Why not get your money back immediately and let THEM fight this battle?

I can empathize with your situation as I endured a similar trainwreck with some aftermarket truck bumpers. You obviously have some emotional stake in the product early on and want to give the manufacturer the benefit of the doubt, but at some point it becomes painfully obvious they're just assholes. It really sucks dealing with these kinds of companies. Good luck to you!
Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Sac

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you wait 15 months? Seems to me that after 3 months you should have started this campaign if not sooner.
keithf

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I appreciate the replies!

I asked their local BBB to help - they received no reply from Viking, and could not help going forward.

I paid by international wire, as they said they do not take credit cards.... that's a red flag in hindsight.

I waited so long to publicize this on the internet, as I was giving them the benefit of doubt up until last month i.e. until recently I was being nice ... so much for that. Once I found out I was not the only one they were doing this to, that position changed.

The blog has the details on all the above.

Hopefully fellow boarders now have a "heads-up" on this company, based on my experience.

Thank again! Keith
keithf

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year folks!

To recap - in April 2010 we paid Viking Marine $4000 US as a deposit for a boat lift. Here we are nearly 3 years later sans the lift or money....

Just wanted to let you know that the Canadian Government just laid charges against Viking Marine International - full details on my blog at http://myvikingboatliftexperience.blogspot.com

Safe boating all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: