Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Another board advice thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Another board advice thread Reply with quote

Hey guys,
My board I bought when getting back into riding (04 HL TFD) is starting to fall apart on me after hitting up the cable parks a bunch of times. So I am looking at getting a new board and possible bindings for Christmas. I ride the park about 80% of the time and behind the boat the other 20%. I'm not huge into sliders (had a few close calls involving my face) but love hitting kickers and will be more inclined to hit sliders once I progress a little more. I might demo a few boards ( I love in Orlando so I can demo any board out there) but this can get pricey and I will probably end up buying online at evo or another retailer. So right now I am between a LF Witness Grind and the LF Watson Hybrid. What are your all thoughts and are there any other boards you think I might wanna try out (Ronix, CWB etc).

Also thinking about getting a new pair of bindings since mine are starting to wear out. The ones I currently ride are Gator Gonzalez LTD. I know there kinda cheap but I love that they are super stiff and I want to get another pair that is just as stiff. I am leaning toward the Ronix One's. Again any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
da Liks
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant loose with either of those boards, that's for sure. the watson is a bit slicker and flexes more.
CincyVLX
Criminal
Criminal

City: Cincinnati

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that much cable riding, I would highly suggest giving a flex board a shot. There are a ton of them out there now, but I would recommend looking at any slingshot board, cwb vibe, and the hyperlite process. All of these boards also give you an almost indestructible base for all those kicker hits.

You're spot on with the bindings. Ronix ones or the Hyperlite Mareks with the systems are going to give the stiffest boot.
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CincyVLX wrote:
With that much cable riding, I would highly suggest giving a flex board a shot. There are a ton of them out there now, but I would recommend looking at any slingshot board, cwb vibe, and the hyperlite process. All of these boards also give you an almost indestructible base for all those kicker hits.

You're spot on with the bindings. Ronix ones or the Hyperlite Mareks with the systems are going to give the stiffest boot.

Thanks for the input. I have been told by people around here that Slingshot is junk and should have stuck to building kiteboards, but I'm willing to give them a shot. I have never ridden a CWB before are they pretty decent?. Are true flex boards really that much more durable then hybrids? I need something that is going to hold up to park abuse because I cant afford to be replacing a board all the time and here in orlando I can ride all year
CincyVLX
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who told you that slingshots were junk. They were the first ones to make a board that was almost indestructible. I've owned 3 slingshots so far. I switched to a hyperlite marek only because I ride more boat than cable now.

The CWB vibe is everything you could want in a cable board. Flexible, poppy, and over everything, durable.

Flex boards aren't necessarily more durable, but once you start thinking about hitting sliders again, you're gonna want to press your board as much as possible, and flex boards make that twice as fun.
Ps205Rider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slingshot is definitely not junk..some of the best stuff out there.
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean to offend, just going buy what some locals told me. From what you all have said as well as a little research slingshot or another flex board might be just what I need. That's why I seek advice on here and not strictly go by what the locals tell me. Any advice on what SS board I should try? I see some have have a continuous and some are 3 stage. Are certain ones a better mix for boat and cable? Thank you again for those that are willing to give advice and open my eyes to options I hadn't considered
Ps205Rider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no BigBadWolfe, it is no problem. I just did not want you to be misinformed..I know I would not want to be Wink
da Liks
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ps205Rider wrote:
Slingshot is definitely not junk..some of the best stuff out there.
reaaally impressed with my 2012 Response..
FlatH20
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 13' line-up for SS has some sick graphics - I ride a response - they have at least one made specifically for cable parks - can't remember the name but they also have a great web site that you can check out.
CincyVLX
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned 3 recoils in my day. 3 stage rockers and still a great board to ride behind the boat, and an excellent cable board.
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I went out and demoed some boards. I decided to pick up a 2013 SS Recoil. Now I need to find some bindings. I like a really stiff boot and from what I can tell its between the Ronix Ones, Ronix Cells and HL system Mareks. Any one have any opinions on the system setup, also any other bindings that I should look at? One thing to consider is when i ride boat its behind a 22 ft open fisher so I don't have a platform, would that be a pain in the donkey with the Systems?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: