Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

mastercraft hulls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhuli

PostPosted: Oct 23, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: mastercraft hulls Reply with quote

guys can anyone give me a bit of info...

is the old x-star hull the same hull as the x2 from 2003-2005, and the same hull on the x1 from 2006 to present??

with this in mind, which would be the best boat to get.
i.e, is a 2004 x2 (with original hull) better than an xstar from the same year or even a 2003?

and is the same true for a 2006 x1 V a 2005 x2!!!
FunkyBunch
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: The Colony

PostPosted: Oct 23, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO I would get the second generation X-Star Hull which is the first of the pickle forks. Its the better driving boat little more room and when really slammed has a great wake. Get that hull which ever model you can find the deal on xstar,x2 etc... Not sure what years have the best motors that is something others can chime in about.
garhuli

PostPosted: Oct 24, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah maybe in an ideal world i could afford one,
but for now I have to compromise, so i reckon a pre-03 xstar. or a 2003-2004 x2, so i suppose my real question is.....which one is best?
BrtnDan
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 24, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

basically the exact same boat, aside from the graphics.
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a related note; does the '99 205 have the same hull as the 205V that later became the X-Star?
Brit Rider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Cheshire, England

PostPosted: Nov 01, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flyzone - correct, it does indeed.

garhuli - Minor note, avoid pre 96 205v boats, it was a slightly different hull, better ski but worse wake hull.

If looking at early 2000 boats avoid 2004/5 as this was the first years of fly by wire and they have a weak throttle control box that goes wrong regularly.

Generally, just look for the best condition boat you can with decent service history.

FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Nov 01, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brit Rider!
JRW160
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Huntsville

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For direct drives, the hull started in 96. In 1999 they introduced the vdrive version as the xstar, 205v, and maristar 205vrs. The maristar 205vrs only lasted one year. The 205v name held until 2005. The xstar in that hull configuration lasted until 2002. From 2003-2005 that hull was called the x2. From 2006-2012 it was the x1.

The hull is the same, but there are small differences. X series boats have stock tower and ballast, 205v's have optional towers and ballast. Engine options are the same in the same year. I own a 2003 x2 and was set on that hull for a while before I bought mine and did a lot of research. This may be a little long winded, but hopefully someone will appreciate the info. I guess I'll just break down my opinions by year to make it simple.

1999 Xstar: No wraparound seating is a dealbreaker for me. They also had the one piece sundeck. Tower was optional that year, but most have they original zeroflex, which I am not a big fan of.

2000 xstar: They added wraparound seating, but they still had the one piece sundeck and original zeroflex tower.

2001 xstar: 3 piece sundeck added, new dimesion tower, which most people are a big fan of. Aerator ballast pumps.

2002 xstar: Jabsco reversible ballast puppy pumps from here forward. Cadillac LTR 330hp stock engine.

2003 X2: Crappy stock board racks that break easily and are almost impossible to replace. I retrofitted 2004 racks in mine. Indmar predator 310hp stock engine. Stock vinyl was pretty bad. I've had most of mine replaced. I think this was a problem from 2002-2004?

2004 X2: better board racks, same everywhere else.

2005 X2: New tower, optional swivel board racks, black dash instead of grey(black dash may have started in 2004)

2006 X1: Same tower as 2005. Less chrome and bling due it it being introduced as a $39,999 price point boat.

2007-2012 X1: New tower that a lot of people don't like. Needs tower braces to stop side to side movement.

I hadn't heard of the 2004-2005 fly by wire problems. If I were looking, I would avoid anything before 2001 due to the seating options, sundeck, and towers. Other than that, I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of the other ones.
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info for anyone looking for one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: