Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

s bend off of a kicker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tdickman4
Criminal
Criminal

City: Cincinnati

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: s bend off of a kicker Reply with quote

I throw s bends off a kicker and they look like tantrums. how can i make them look better?
rmaytee
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tantrums? Those are one-handed. S-bends are two handed. I don't see how they could ever look similar. Got any vids?
tdickman4
Criminal
Criminal

City: Cincinnati

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother has videos. It looks like a 2 handed tantrum. I don't lay out enough on thes bend and they look too similar
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big difference is where you look and where your head goes. For an S-bend you look under your armpit, for a Tantrum you throw your head back. Totally opposite direction.
Maybe try to wait a split second longer before you start rotating. First think Raley, then look under your armpit, to first straighten out and get in the right base position for an S-bend. Instead of throwing your head back right off the kicker and get stuck in something between Tantrum and S-bend.
Whatever you do, post some videos!

Ibiza

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to wait as long as you dare after taking off in a railey position, then look under your armpit and pull in with your front knee a bit. Thats what I try to do...but usually I end up doing more a of a front roll than a "real" S bend. Gotta keep trying!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: