Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Owc lessons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Owc lessons Reply with quote

Hey guys. I just moved to Orlando for school and I have been hitting up the cable park. I would say I'm a intermediate rider who grew up in the 90's in south Florida surfing and wakeboarding behind boats, but I'm just getting back into the sport. I'm still learning how to hit kickers and sliders on the beginner cable. I get pretty good pop off the blue kickers and am just a successful handle pass away from landing fs 360 and bs 180. I have also made It all the way down the slider a few times. Do you think it would be beneficial for me to get a lesson or should I just spend the money on cable time? Also if any one is in the area and wants to charge the park le me know, I could use some advice and some friends who love to board

Last edited by BigBadWolfe on Aug 07, 2012 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just keep hitting OWC. There are a number of top riders at OWC daily so you might be able to get a few tips just at the starting dock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBadWolfe, if you're already consistantly up and riding, I wouldn't invest in lessons. Just keep spending your money on cable time and ask other riders for advice at the dock. Pretty much everyone is willing to offer a bit of advice.
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GnarShredd wrote:
BigBadWolfe, if you're already consistantly up and riding, I wouldn't invest in lessons. Just keep spending your money on cable time and ask other riders for advice at the dock. Pretty much everyone is willing to offer a bit of advice.

Riding is no problem, I've been riding for years. I was just wondering if taking a lesson might help me progress faster. I need someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong so i can hit my tricks, but as you suggested more time on the cable is prob the best thing. I'm just always looking to progress and looking for advice. Maybe posting some vids on here is the answer. Also if Im able to hit the bigger kickers in the beginner without a problem should I take it over to the advanced cable? I was waiting until I could land my spin tricks before I went of the dock with the big boys. Any advice is greatly appreciated
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBadWolfe, I'd definitely look in to asking questions/searching on here first, along with asking at the cable. I know there's a few of us (me included) who mostly ride cable so we can help out. Go ahead and try the advanced cable and see how you do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: