Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Tower Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFwakeboardDiva
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Tower Help Reply with quote

So i recently upgraded to a newer boat. 1997 Sea Ray 190 with a 4.3 engine

now i want to add a tower to it.

so i can get an Aerial Airborne tower with 2 racks, 2 bullet speakers, wiring, reinforcing kit for $1299

or, i can make my own package on ebay with this tower:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-HydroWake-Universal-Shark-Wakeboard-Tower-/180937159007?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a20b1f15f
speakers: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HydroWake-Single-Cans-w-Polk-Audio-Marine-Speakers-/180938711999?pt=US_Marine_Audio&hash=item2a20c9a3bf
racks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-HydroWake-Bat-Quick-Release-Wakeboard-Rack-/120951190420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1c2940b394

please let me know what your input would be. trying to save some money but dont necessarily want to sacrifice quality. any help would be appreciated...thanks!
mferrari

City: Eastern Shore

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put a BigWake Tower on my 185. Pretty much the same thing as one of the Aerial's. Been happy with the tower. Installed it by myself working about 3-4 hours are night and about 2 hours in the morning to finish the wiring for the speakers and all. Took it out and wake boarded all day, came home, tighten all the bolts and set screws. No issues yet.

Want to say it was like $1400 for the tower, kickers, racks, and shipping.

mferrari

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if you do order from Aerial, grab a pair of the their bags as well. I ordered some from Aerial and with about 250 pounds in the bow the boat throws off the decent wake (we normally only put 3 people on the boat).
Wheeler
Criminal
Criminal

City: Decatur, AL

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed this one on my Malibu Sunsetter:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HydroWake-Universal-Spider-Wakeboard-Boat-Tower-/180939561306?_trksid=p4340.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D924918558210233024%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D3%26

The thinking was, the H-bar at the top and the lack of additional joints on the legs would make it more rigid. It's quite solid with no rattles.

You should also try working a "package deal".
kartman
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: meridian, Idaho

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might be just me, but the two back legs on your tower are backwards. i could be all wrong, and my back legs are backwards. idk.
mferrari

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kartman wrote:
it might be just me, but the two back legs on your tower are backwards. i could be all wrong, and my back legs are backwards. idk.

They are backwards from how they are supposed to be. Wanted a different look to it and actually helped getting board off the rack by standing on the seats/haul

LFwakeboardDiva
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i went with the aerial airborne package. Got the tower, speakers, 2 racks, mirror, fiberglass reinforce kit...so Im pretty pumped!

from anyones personal experience...where is the best place to mount the feet? Flat or on the side?

Thanks!!
Wheeler
Criminal
Criminal

City: Decatur, AL

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mounted the feet on mine on the top flats for a couple of reasons. Less strain on the fibergalss since the feet aren't cantilevered out and less likely to hit docks etc because they aren't overhanging. It 's also easier to load/unload boards since the racks are closer. Plus it makes the tower taller.
LFwakeboardDiva
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the tower installed this weekend in between rain storms. just need to wire up the speakers and put the racks and mirror on next weekend Very Happy

dont pay attention to the boat name...previous owners name...looking to change it Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: