Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

scarecrow problems ive tried for 2 months please comment vid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hockeymarc

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: scarecrow problems ive tried for 2 months please comment vid Reply with quote

i have been trying this trick for months please help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwwhq5HcRAg&feature=youtu.be
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks decent. Pop is good. Only thing that looks like an issue is you're letting the handle get away from you and it's slowing your rotation down a bit. Really focus on getting the handle to your new lead hip and in a bit more and you should nail it.
hockeymarc

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
Ps205Rider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GnarShredd wrote:
Looks decent. Pop is good. Only thing that looks like an issue is you're letting the handle get away from you and it's slowing your rotation down a bit. Really focus on getting the handle to your new lead hip and in a bit more and you should nail it.
This.

Also, I love how the girl sitting there could less give a f@ck what's going down behind the boat! Laughing Laughing

hockeymarc

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya hahaa
V8 Killer
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bridgeport

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see you aren't letting off your edge. You have no height. Scarecrow (and frontroll) are trip flips. You're edging in super hard but not standing tall and letting it trip you. You have to edge in progressively, then let off your edge at the bottom of the trough, stand tall, let it trip your board, then throw it hard.

Notice how I slowed down and stood tall, here the first Scarecrow I ever landed.

http://vimeo.com/45556972

Good luck!

Dusty

BrianABE
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8 Killer is correct, the trick should take you straight up from the pop before you roll. Plus keep right arm pinned, or don't let it out. For me to learn this trick and not take it so big, I had to pop hard, do a nose grab, for it to roll correctly. Learning it one handed made it a lot easier for me to rotate and not end up in a slide from it trying to be a front roll.

Edge in is perfect though, just stand tall at the wake and let off the edge. (trip flip edge)
Also, you may want to try and think about 'throwing the roll away from the boat', this will make you flip instead of rolling on your back like you are now.

edit: Download Cobra's TSO wake app, one of the tricks on there is the scarecrow. Worth the .99 cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: