Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Good Wake board line

View previous topic :: View next topic  
God Father

City: Jamestown

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Good Wake board line Reply with quote

New to Wakeboarding and am ready to get a new line. been using ski ropes and handles up to this point. I don't mind spending what I need to but don't want or care to have the best just something good. What and where do you suggest I get. Birthday coming up and that would be a great gift.
Ps205Rider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind dropping some $$$ on it, Pro line, Accurate A-lines, and maybe even some board manufacturers lines(Ronix, Liquid Force, etc) are nice. I have a Proline and I love it, you may just want to look around until you find what you like. If you want to save a few bucks it's probably cheaper to get a combo(rope + handle). Checkout eBay for lines. www.evo.com www.boardstop.com Those are probably some good starting points. Don't be afraid to drop a little money, quality>quantity.
God Father

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I would think I will go with a combo for now until I really know what I want and really step up to the good stuff. I should be able to get something decent for $80 to $100 or do I need to spend more? Very Happy
Ps205Rider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$80-100 Should be plenty, just don't limit your search by the amount you are willing to spend, unless you have a budget/limit. There won't be much difference between a $100 rope/handle and a $140. Be sure that it has the appropriate amount of sections that you can take out to set it at the right spot of your wake(hopefully you are already riding this spot so you can just match the rope length). Just get what you want, there's a variety out of there of lengths/colors/handles, pick your favorite and go with it! Smile
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Father, I don't have much extra input but wanted to make a recommendation for Ronix lines/handles. The line is a basic coated one that you can get from almost anyone but the handle has a leather grip that's super nice. boardstop.com has a good selection and you won't go wrong with anything they have: http://www.boardstop.com/index.php?cPath=67_55_145
God Father

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Wakeboard Line Reply with quote

Thanks for the imput. It is always good to have ideas for handles and ropes so thanks for taking the time to respond. I will go there tonight and take a look.
Ps205Rider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Wakeboard Line Reply with quote

God Father wrote:
Thanks for the imput. It is always good to have ideas for handles and ropes so thanks for taking the time to respond. I will go there tonight and take a look.
God Father, no problem. Feel free to ask any questions, people on wber.com are filled with knowledge! I'm a long time lurker, just recently joined though! You really can't go wrong with anything on boardstop.com though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: