Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Hoochie Glides at Cable

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronix14

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Hoochie Glides at Cable Reply with quote

So whenever I try to get the hoochie glide, (Or even an Indy Glide for that matter.) The board always seems to be just out of my reach for the grab. I always like brush my fingers against it, but can never get a hold of the edge of the board. Anybody else had this problem? What did you guys do to fix it?
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I can't do Hoochies (or Indy Glides for that matter), can even barely do Raley's (getting there though), but what I do know (that applies to boat but I would imagine to cable too) is that you take a bit different, a bit mellower, approach for a Hoochie vs for a Raley. You don't want the board to be 'kicked away' like happens in a Raley. Or maybe you need to grab the board a bit earlier, before it flies out of reach.
Hmmm... not the best advice huh? Let us know what works!

ronix14

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, so when you say mellower, do you mean like progressive where i start out mellower and build up the line tension or just mellow edge right from start to finish.
Thanks for the advice though, unfortunately I'm not able to go again for another week or so because of exams.. I'll let you know if it did help though. Thanks
drewproses
Criminal
Criminal

City: Tampa

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you may be getting too stretched out on the raley to get a good grab. Straight arms and straight legs makes for a pretty raley but it will be hard to grab the board. Try to keep the handle in a little closer to your body and keep your knees bent more than normal on the approach. This way when you pop for the raley the board will already be closer to your hand. During the grab the arm holding the handle should be bent to control the line tension. Other than that, just make sure you fully commit to the trick...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: