Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Newbie - Boise, Idaho

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpenny0704

City: Boise

PostPosted: May 26, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Newbie - Boise, Idaho Reply with quote

Very Happy Hey everyone! I have been a member of this forum since 2009, but as you can see have not posted much. I have always loved the water, boating the sport of wakeboarding and all, but had never tried wakeboarding until the end of last season....

On our second to last run out, I got up for the first time and was immediately charging the wake (I couldn't turn my board straight). As soon as I saw that drop off, I let go of the handle...."just commit Jessica, just commit..." said my guy as he swung the boat around to pick me up. "Ok, just commit Jessica, you can do this", I kept telling myself... and on that pull I got right up...charged for the wake...and committed....catching my toe edge, face planting it, wind knocked out of me Crazy Eyes and board off my feet. That was my last time out until this season.

This season I got up after just a couple tries. I've been working out and loosing weight so I was able to turn the board straight to avoid immediately going over the wake. I will ride for a little bit, but then as soon as I feel a little unstable, I let go of the rope (to avoid a remake of last season).... so now, I am working on just trusting myself on the board.

Anywho, now that I am officially a boarder, I will be posting more... Thanks for reading! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: