Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Income Idea, Looking for Comments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Business and Finance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: May 09, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Income Idea, Looking for Comments Reply with quote

I've been mulling over the idea for a little while now and just wanted to see if anyone here had experience or any general comments about it.

My idea is this, there's a few empty lots on one of the main roads just outside of downtown; I was thinking it would be a neat idea to buy an empty lot, hook up utilities, and rent spaces out to food trucks who want to post up and catch the bar crowds at the end of the night. There's only one truck right now and it's a bigger establishment where you order and they bring your food to your table (Taco Bus if you're familiar with it) and I think I could probably get a lot much closer to downtown than they are (and they already draw a good late-night crowd even though they're far away).

I'd basically just have to do maintenence on the grounds and get the utilities set up. Vendors would be responsible for their electric/water and rent to me. I'd probably need insurance of some kind as well but that could be worked out.

This is all of course pending how our zoning and stuff works but I think it's an idea that the residents would definitely support. People seem to really like locally run businesses.

Anyway, thoughts?
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: May 21, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are doing that here in Austin. There is a place on south congress, south lamar and also down near barton springs drive. Not sure about the lots and how they are working the space rental but I have seen it happen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Business and Finance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: