Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Want to try it out...should I start with a cheapie?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jman1101

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Want to try it out...should I start with a cheapie? Reply with quote

Hey all, I wakeboard, and I am wanting to try out wakeskating. Just wondering since I just want to try it, and not sure if I'll like it; what board should I get? I'm thinking of a 2011 liquid force faction, or an Obrien twitch; both are 100$. Would one of these be better than the other, and are they nice for beginners? Would I need wakeskating shoes to ride a wakeskate, or would i just wear regular sneakers?
Thanks,
Jman1101
Obsessed
Criminal
Criminal

City: Bahrain

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Faction to try out wakeskating, I liked it because it was cheap and the rubber grip because I didnt want to have shoes on when riding it. Wakeskating is a lot of fun, I cant do anything but surface tricks with it, and now im try to learn raleys using it. I dont feel the need to get a more expensive board, but am curious to how different it would feel.
MakingaSplash

PostPosted: Oct 25, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to find out is to try and arrange a demo of some higher-end boards as we all have different riding styles and all suit certain boards more than others.

However, my advice to anyone in your position is no not get too caught up in the hype and to just stick with what works for you. It sounds like you're really enjoying your wakeskating at the moment so if it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

What does everyone else think?

Cheers

Wakesurfing
Thrasha

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a no name crappy wakeskate just for a little fun and thats exactly what i have with it. i love how slippery it is. its a really thin board cost like $99 in aus and thats cheap for here. We pay alot more for wakeboards too compared to the US... we pay something like 250 more for a LF watson hybrid 2012 even though our dollar is stronger at the moment... but yeah average is a few hundred $ at least more then what u guys pay in the US...

Unless u are going to take it as serious as your wakeboarding i wouldnt bother spending too much on a wakeskate. mine was for a bit of fun here n there for a change of feel lol
trevordj
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a faction a couple of years ago and couldn't be happier, I just wanted something cheap to get my feet wet, and it has done the job, I sometimes find myself grabbing that more often than my wakeboard when I'm heading to other places to board.
Liquid Indy USA

PostPosted: May 20, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lot's of of good entry level wakeskates out there that make sense for a first board. I would keep an eye out for some used ones as well on Craigslist and Ebay. If you get into it then you can upgrade later.

Foam tops are good for bare feet and skate tape tops are great if you want to wear shoes. Some old running shoes are all you need - nothing fancy necessary for your feet when just getting into it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: