Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

fins or no fins?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Max

City: Wroclaw

PostPosted: May 16, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: fins or no fins? Reply with quote

Hey,
I am new on that forum and in wakeboaring aswell. I've just bought my first board slingshot reflex, tried it 3 times by now. I am kitesurfing pretty long time, especially i really like to try some freestyle tricks, so I have pretty nice progress. ( I AM WAKEBOARDING ON 2.0 CABLE). Last year I was making some raileys, backrolls etc on borrowing board which i couldnt use on sliders. Now I would like to attack those things together - sliders, kickers and some raileys from flat and here's the question - I was thinking, that if I take off my fins from board, I would have probably more control on sliders and kickers - pretty simple thing, BUT - how about tricks from flat (i mean raileys, backrolls, s-bends etc)? Is that much harder to do it without any fins on the bottom of a board?

I was using "search" but haven't found anything..

Thanks Smile

TheHebrewHammer
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 16, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SS Recoil has the same flat bottom as your Reflex. I ride with fins behind the boat and no fins on the cable. It works fine without fins for everthing, including air tricks.

Go ahead and take 'em off! Some people like to keep them on, and there's nothing wrong with that either. It's personal preference. That's why they're removable. Try it!

Max

City: Wroclaw

PostPosted: May 20, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
I've been riding that style yesterday. It felt really diffirent, i had no problems with railey, boxes etc except edging on my frontside to the kicker Wink
Thanks ! Colorful Colorful

brohandy

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out how to get mine off. Are most boards just slide it pull it or something? And can I put them back on later?
cchandy
Criminal
Criminal

City: Lexington

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a set of screws.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: