Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Wakeskate Vs. Wakeboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakeboarding

City: weatherford

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Wakeskate Vs. Wakeboard Reply with quote

The Great Divide…. and frankly, I don’t get it. Lately I have been hearing that a lot of boarders are hating on wakeskaters, and vis versa……For what ? I mean a crap ton of wakeskaters boarded before the wakeskate even came into popularity, I know that I learned to ride a board long before a skate…
I also know that being comfortable on more than one type of board enhances your skills more than it hinders them….
Both the wakeboard and the wakeskate have their fair share of respectable tricks that anyone could throw and any observer would be stoked to see.
So as I keep restating, there is no room for hating!!!! Whether you are winching, riding boat, or whatever…. keep positive and keep riding, all this “I’m to good for certain spots” is Weak Sauce!!! (within reason that is). Even the smallest hits have room for major creativity (which is the reason winching is growing so fast now!!!).
Whether you are on a board or a skate, it should make no difference, of course some of the desired terrain is a little different……It’s just not always about any ONE persons preference, a lot of times it’s about having fun with your friends and killing it on all different features and obstacles. Therefore, if you are gonna have a shitty time just because the spot isn’t “Ideal” for your board type, you can at least be thankful that your legs aren’t broken, AND that you have legs period!!!!! Don’t Be a Hating D-bag…..Have Fun and get creative!!!
KEEP THE GOOD VIBES GOIN!!!!!!!!

http://legitwake.com
http://twitter.com/legitwake
skye120
Criminal
Criminal

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree. I have friends that wakeskate but you wont catch them dead in bindings, and vice versa. I think its crazy i love doing both.... Ill do anything on the water for a good time. Hell ive even used a wakesurf to ride on my stomach at 75' out slingshoting each other. Good post
SexyWS6Mama
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Killeen

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakeboarding is my passion but I like to wakeskate to be silly on the water. I respect anyone who rides...no matter what sport.
supermanotorious
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride both! Obviously I winch... but I can say wakeskating pairs with winching a little better due to the fact you are wearing shoes as you climb into winch start position, it is tough to do sometimes when you're barefoot, holding the board in one hand and winch handle in the other, when I take my boat out I split the time between them evenly, I have 2 sets of both boards, one for winch, one for boat. life is good
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cubbies017
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bloomfield Hills

PostPosted: Apr 25, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried wakeskating yet, but I agree I don't know why there is such a big divide.
geissap

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point...I think the divide just comes from the fact that most wakeskaters don't have the means to wakeboard so they stick to and fall in love with there passion of wakeskating and it's viewed as hating on wakeboarding. Most people i know that wakeskate do so because they have a small boat with a 25 on it, a jet ski etc. So wakeboarding just doesn't make sense. Wakeskating is alot cheaper...
kartman
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: meridian, Idaho

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supermanotorious wrote:
I ride both! Obviously I winch... but I can say wakeskating pairs with winching a little better due to the fact you are wearing shoes as you climb into winch start position, it is tough to do sometimes when you're barefoot, holding the board in one hand and winch handle in the other, when I take my boat out I split the time between them evenly, I have 2 sets of both boards, one for winch, one for boat. life is good

i agree. we do the same up here in idaho, and love both types of pulls and boards.
Miku

City: Saipan

PostPosted: Feb 29, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of them are the same (and fun), but I think wakeskate needs more balance because it lacks bindings
mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great insight. I snowboard a lot and see this attitude from some skiers toward boarders and some boarders towards skiers. I say just get out there and rip. 99% of us will never be anywhere near as good as the pros so there isn't any reason to get all bent out of shape.
supermanotorious
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to swing the pendulum, although I own wakeboards, I'm a solid cross over to skate: can the coolest wakeboard trick out do the coolest wakeskate trick?...no
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

supermanotorious, that is an interesting question. i think it comes down to personal preference. i honestly think there is some really cool tricks in both realms. i love seeing a nice invert with a rotation or two. maybe a mobe, crow mobe or some whirly variation. at the same time a wake to wake three on a skate with no grab just blows my mind. i cant even get a skate to stay on my feet. with that said i would say if you like huge air, spins and inverts you may like wakeboarding more, but if you like technical tricks you would probably like skating more.
trevordj
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really do many tricks on either, so as long as I'm out there I'm having a good time. The wakeskate is more of a goof-off thing when the conditions aren't great. Still love them both.
Jpage

PostPosted: May 01, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SexyWS6Mama wrote:
wakeboarding is my passion but I like to wakeskate to be silly on the water. I respect anyone who rides...no matter what sport.

THIS!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: