Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Driving the boat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pepowdylan

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Driving the boat Reply with quote

My dad is pulling me for wakeboarding. He is used to pulling skiiers. Is pulling a wakeboarder out of the water the same as pulling a skiier out of the water?

He's an expert at pulling a skiier, so my question is how do I explain to him how to pull a wakeboarder?
mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of boat are you riding behind?

I would pull much like a skier. When the line is tight, hit the throttle. Once you are on plane, back off the throttle until you are at riding speed. Should be pretty much the same as you would pull up a skier.

With wakeboarding you want to pull in a straight line. If you need to turn around first turn the opposite direction and then make your turn so when you loop around you form a question mark type tuen and you come back down the same line.
FunkyBunch
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: The Colony

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your fairly new at wakeboarding it helps if he pulls you up slower than a skier. You have a lot more surface area with a board so you will pop up more quickly than skies you don't need that pop out of the water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: