Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Help me tune my Wetsounds Syn-6 with WS-420. I'm a moron.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commodore
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Help me tune my Wetsounds Syn-6 with WS-420. I'm a moron. Reply with quote

Alright I need some help with my stereo. I made a REALLY STUPID mistake by not letting JonyB set up my stereo as I thought I could do this myself to save a trip and some time. Someone kick me in the balls if I ever try that again.

So I've got the EXACT same setup as I had in Mariah in my Saltare. 4-XS650's in boat, an XS-12 sub, all powered by a Syn-6 amp, with a WS-420 EQ.

Now it did real good in my Mariah with a small sub box, no port.

Now in the Saltare I've got room to build the Wetsounds spec box, and I did. Now the sub sounds weak as hell, and distorts when cranked.

Start of ideas:

1) The Deck: Deck has 6 RCA outs. Front, rear, and sub. I'm running the one set of RCA's into the WS420 from the REAR rca outs. I'm thinking about running the sub RCA's straight from the deck and bypassing the WS420.

2) The amp's tuning. Which I'm guessing is my problem. JonyB and worked on it for a while to get it actually put out some sound finally. At first it barely made any noise. After turning down the gain on the components it helped, but the sound was awful. Doesn't hit well, and distorts very easily.

3) The box. I've built it to Wetsounds specs for a sealed box. My guess is ported would be better, but since Wetsounds put a 5-year old in charge of the schematic for boxes, you have to have a professional builder make one. I don't know how to make baffles and vents for boxes. I just play with my wood.

Please help. Here are the pics of the amp's controls.
The gains on channel 1-4 are down, and the Sub bass boost is actually at 1 o'clock now. And the Freq HZ for the sub is at 3 o'clock.
The lower Freq HZ dial on the bottom for Channel 5-6(sub) is where it's at now.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at Westounds tuning guide for the WS-420? Link: http://www.wetsounds.com/media/products/ws420/WS420%20Settings%20&%20Installation.pdf
Commodore
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. i've got a long thread on WakeWorld where Tim from Wetsounds answered my post. I've got a lot of tuning work to do tonight.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kewl...it isn't too hard. Just take your time and work through the steps in a logical and methodical manner and you'll have it done in no time.
mattys_ext

City: Toronto

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unrelated question: does your remote level control power outputs to all channels? Mine doesn't seem to be putting out full power and the remote level doesn't do anything to the volume of the speakers.
wetsounds1
Criminal
Criminal

City: austin

PostPosted: Apr 11, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remote level control on the syn-6 only controls channels 5-6.

Also, it is a remote level contol and not a boost knob. So it will only go up to the max level the gain on the amp is set at. So if the amp gain is at half. The remote will turn it down and at max position up to the half setting of the amp gain. So when tuning if the remote is plugged in. Turn it all the way to max and then tune the amp. Also, you must use the cable that comes with it for it to work as it has a different pin out over a regular phone cable.

There is a sheet on out site on the -420 page on tuning, it starts with the ws-420 but you can still follow the steps after if you dont have a 420.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: