Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Easiest trick to learn for a newby?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thrasha

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Easiest trick to learn for a newby? Reply with quote

Ok im now a regular at my local cable park, I can already do most the kickers and sliders with ease. I only got back into boarding after about 10-12 yrs off less then 6 weeks ago. So i think my progress has been pretty quick considering.

My question is, what is the easiest trick to that doesnt involve the kickers or sliders? I want to attempt a railie but have no idea where to start. Am i aiming too high for a first water only trick? Any vids u want to post would be greatly appreciated
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah on cable the Raley would be the first air-trick. At least for most people it is. Start using a wakeskate! And you might want to subscribe to Learnwake for a detailed how-to.
Thrasha

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyZone CR wrote:
Yeah on cable the Raley would be the first air-trick. At least for most people it is. Start using a wakeskate! And you might want to subscribe to Learnwake for a detailed how-to.

Thanks for the info. learn is through youtube i take it...

Im 200lbs, what size wakeskate is suitable for some1 my weight? christmas period saw me gain a few lbs lo
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be fine on a 41 or bigger. I'm 220 and ride a 41 usually. Any regular size skate (40+) should be plenty fine for learning a raley on though.
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learnwake =www.learnwake.com
Thrasha

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help fellahs!!!
JoLo_Si
Criminal
Criminal

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are all kinds of good videos that teach the raley on Youtube. The hardest part is trying it the first time. I don't think you'll need the wakeskate to try it the first time, you might land a little rough but at least you'll have a chance to land plus you won't have to chasing after your board and dogging others at the cable.
Thrasha

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all those interested i landed my first raley 2 days ago Smile

i landed it 3 times total but only one really counted lol

I booked lessons with a pro and got a smaller practice cable that only goes back and forth, not around in circles. I was over the moon! The first 10 attempts i got it wrong, everywhere i looked on line they say that the tension in the line will do it for you, you just have to release your body, or they say 'dig your heels' i took dig your heels as meaning push harder into the cut. Not as dig it as if doing a backwards kick! Lifted straight away as soon as he described the motion to me.

overall im over the moon!
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrasha, Woo! Sounds awesome. Congrats. I remember my first one that I landed and rode away super clean from. I had a huge smile on my face the rest of the day.
Thrasha

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GnarShredd wrote:
Thrasha, Woo! Sounds awesome. Congrats. I remember my first one that I landed and rode away super clean from. I had a huge smile on my face the rest of the day.

Its an unbelievable feeling! I cant explain it! All i want to do is go boarding now haha

I went back earlier this week, i still havent mastered the move yet as i only landed 1 of about 14 attempts haha. So many big falls. On a bad note, ive aggravated an existing sore back and my sciatic nerve is giving me a lot of grief... It hurts to go from standing to sitting and now its even effecting the way i walk lol. For now im resting/stretching/core exercises to try get better to get back on the board. I think ill be out a few weeks Sad

all in all im in high spirits and doing everything i can to get back out there!
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrasha wrote:

For now im resting/stretching/core exercises to try get better to get back on the board. I think ill be out a few weeks Sad

Good! Not enough people take the time to heal up. I'm guilty of it myself on many occasions. No sense in hurtint yourself even more.

As far as wakeboarding excitement goes, you're just getting started. There's dozens and dozens of tricks out there for you to learn, tweak, and make your own. As long as you keep pushing yourself to do something new, you'll get that feeling again and again.
Thrasha

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GnarShredd wrote:
Thrasha wrote:

For now im resting/stretching/core exercises to try get better to get back on the board. I think ill be out a few weeks Sad

Good! Not enough people take the time to heal up. I'm guilty of it myself on many occasions. No sense in hurtint yourself even more.

As far as wakeboarding excitement goes, you're just getting started. There's dozens and dozens of tricks out there for you to learn, tweak, and make your own. As long as you keep pushing yourself to do something new, you'll get that feeling again and again.

yeah thats how i have goton so addicted so quickly lol. every time i go i push a bit harder and egg myself on to do different tricks/ kickers / rails lol.

to top it off i met tom fooshee. daniel grant, and a few other pro's on the weekend!!! Im in sydney aus, and there was a comp on at the cable park!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: