Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

fin help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpd2483

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: fin help Reply with quote

hi i am 50 just ben wakeboard 2 times got up first time cold not turn head no fin so i put a 7in by 3in on the back do i need one on the front to how much will it help me turn and go straight thinks
wakechick13
Addict
Addict

City: Lake Lewisville, Texas

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only 16 but I have a fin on the back only. Found it not necessary to have a front fin. I think just having the back fin helps with your ability to move...but thats just my opinion/experience...not pro though:)
jmlloyd
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins will definitely help you get comfortable on the board. They will allow you to track better in any direction. As you progress, you can change the fins or remove them completely. Good luck!!!
wtwdevil
Criminal
Criminal

City: Pensacola/Deland

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having only a back fin is ok for beginners but if you plan on progressing and riding switch then you might be surprised and not have traction, being that you have gotten used to having a fin. Yes fins will help keep you straight but they are a crutch to you learning how to turn, edging is the 'proper' way to turn.
Chocoholic
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Dubai

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtwdevil wrote:
Having only a back fin is ok for beginners but if you plan on progressing and riding switch then you might be surprised and not have traction, being that you have gotten used to having a fin. Yes fins will help keep you straight but they are a crutch to you learning how to turn, edging is the 'proper' way to turn.

Agreed, if you're going to be switching then centre fins can inhibit this and make it much more difficult than it needs to be. I don't use central fins and never have done, I learnt without. My boards have always just had small side moulded in fins. But then I like my ride fast and super slippy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: