Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Info/Help/Wakesurfing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyguy

City: Fairfield Bay

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Info/Help/Wakesurfing Reply with quote

Any info/help is appreciated, just learning how to wakesurf. The video is boring I know, but this was my first time giving it a go, did it again all this weekend. Getting rid of the rope seems to be a problem, I can now do it with total slack on the rope, but when I throw it in the boat...off the boat goes without me, I think it's a mental block. Here is what our situation is...

B52V w/1000lbs. ballast @ 9.8 mph

Only my wife in the boat

Using a Ronix 5'6" (Koal?)

I'm 6'1" 190lbs. 57 yrs. old

Any info on what I'm doing wrong and what I can work on is appreciated. TY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSi7mgCsOwQ&feature=BFp&list=FLtgYzuDQ2FFQ1yXW5EiZwlQ
Rhawn
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Richmond, V to the Izzay

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year and size B52? Regardless, 1k is not enough to generate a wave with real push. 1K is the stock tank. Add more in the port locker. If you add ALOT more, you need some weight in the nose to balance it out.

Watching the video, you are standing/pressing on your heels. You have to drive the board into the wave. You are climbing the wave and falling down it all at the same time, if that makes sense. You also need to move the front foot forward on the board, towards the tip AND towards the wave.

Looks like you are getting alot closer towards the end of the video. See where you are going up and then right back out? There is a balance point in there somewhere.

Summary: More weight, more practice.

skyguy

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply!

We have a 2011 Regular B52, have wondered if the ballast was going to be enough. Saturday we put two people in the corner of the boat, weighing maybe 350 pounds and that seemed to make a difference in the wake. How much weight should I add to the back? 500?

Again...ty
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off...

for it being your first weekend of surfing.. I would say you did a great job.

I normally put 750-1100 lbs in the rear or the boat. make sure that if you put more in the back you need to have some in the front.

if your wake is tall and short you need more weight in the front. front weight gives you more length to surf.

The trend I have seen over the years from boardstop sales is the 1100 jumbo wakesurf sac, 400lbs tube sac and a tsunami pump. that is a great start on ballast bags for surfing.

Towards the end of the video you were not back on your rear foot. Your going to want to work weight on the front foot and rear foot causing you to balance in that sweet spot.

More weight over your front foot will drive you toward the boat. Pressure on the back will take you away from the boat and slow you down.

Next trip try and bring a bunch of people and get them all positioned in the boat to generate a larger wake.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
skyguy

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TY for the help & info, maybe this weekend I can finally surf without the rope using y'alls info...TY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: