Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Bindings Adjustment Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ze13

City: Porto

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Bindings Adjustment Problem Reply with quote

I need your help!

Are the front/rear parts of the bindings suppose to lift when you lean?

I mean is it normal that my bindings do not seat properly in the board? I'm asking because I fixed the two screws on each biding, but when I stepped in the bindings and lean forward or backwards, the front and rear parts of the bindings move like they were loose. The only part that is really attached to the binding is the center of the binding...

Is this normal?
ediotism
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most bindings are made to only have two screws to attach to the board, and they're in the middle of the board.

the heels and toes are NOT supposed to lift away from the board when you lean - that's called toe/heel lift in wakeboarding and is not desired. are your screws tight? screws that aren't done up properly can do that.

if your screws are tight as they can be, your bindings have 'expired'. the materials that are meant to keep the toes/heels pressed against the board have knackered out, and your riding will feel less as nice as your board isn't exactly secure. consider new bindings in that case.
JeffreyCH
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lincoln

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing you might want to check before replacing bindings is the screw length. While most board/bindings are compatible, I've found a few times where the screws were too long for the inserts and bottomed out before tightening all the way. My brother had that same problem last year with mis-matched board/bindings, he just went and got shorter screws, fixed it right up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: