Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Kicker Crow Mobes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Kicker Crow Mobes Reply with quote

So, any tips? I threw a few today just to see how they felt and I think they're in reach. I really had no strategy other than to force the handle behind my back. I got all the way around and landed on my feet but only got about 270 around instead of the full 360.
colefooter
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Fairborn, OH.

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main tip for this trick is to get your toeside 360s super super consistent. Most people hate toe 3s because they are really hard, but once you get them solid they can be really fun and you can have a lot of variation with different grabs. When learning that trick, you want to learn how to land them blind. The blind landing itself is the end of the crow mobe. So work on your toe 3, and your switch heel back 1 (both landing blind).

You can see a clip of me doing one at about 1:43 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BuC5d21ouc&hd=1

I actually do it switch most of the time (like in this video), because my regular heelside back 1 is way more consistent than my switch heel back 1. If that makes any sense haha.

But really work that heel back 1 blind landing. Once you can do a crow mobe consistent, you will be able to do switch tantrum to blind, toe 7, and many other tricks where that blind landing will make your life easier.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I'll start working on that. I just tried hucking a couple at the end of my last set and actually got a pretty good feel for it. I basically landed back on my feet every time but can definitely see where some switch back 1's & TS 3's will help.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question. When you're putting the handle behind your back, do you feel like you're fighting the cable a little bit to keep the handle in (kind of like you would on a flats backroll)?
colefooter
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Fairborn, OH.

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have noticed that it kind of depends on the particular kicker, but yes you are going to want to fight to keep the handle in. Keep both hands on it as long as possible because this will help you keep it in nice and close. The rotation is actually very very easy to get (you will like never take a bad fall) most people even over rotate just a tad. So yes, fight to keep both hands on the handle and keeping it on your hip then shove it to the small of your back.

Quite a few kids at our cable have landed this trick without really learning the sw heel back 1/toe 3, so you definitely don't need to have those down to just land it once. But in my opinion the key to getting it consistent is in those tricks. Have fun!
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colefooter, I hear ya. Like I said, I basically landed on my feet the first couple of tries so getting it around isn't a problem. I guess I'll just keep trying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: