Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Backroll help - Link to Video included

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loke24

City: Maple Grove

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Backroll help - Link to Video included Reply with quote

So I've tried the backroll probably 20 times and I am slowly getting better but can someone checkout the video and give me some advice on the landing? Am I standing too tall, not absorbing the impact, wrong board position?

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjWLPTZJ0T0

Any advice would be great! Thanks!
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're close! Rotation looks nice. But if you look at your edge it's not perfect. It should be a fairly short but really progressive, whereas yours is really hard halfway but before you hit the wake you flatten off. Pause the video right before you hit the white spray line; your board is totally flat there while you should be edging the hardest from that point. Take a bit shorter approach and build up your edge so the strongest edge is where you go up the wake. Also try to keep standing a bit taller through your edge.
If you keep overrotating and the board keeps sliding away from underneath you try to move the handle out a bit before you land to slow down the rotation.
I'm sure you'll stick it in no-time!

Loke24

City: Maple Grove

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I went out last night and was able to stick two backrolls by focusing on my edge and how my board was positioned when I was landing. I found that if I turned it a little more towards the boat it stopped the handle from ripping out of my hands and my body falling backwards.

My buddies didn't record it so I don't have the video to prove it, but I have a couple witnesses Very Happy . The first one was very sketchy but I was able to ride away. The second one felt like I had been doing them forever. It was a great feeling to finally ride away with a few! Thanks for the tips!
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: