Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

TS Backroll...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KSKENE

City: Eugene

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: TS Backroll... Reply with quote

Hey everyone, so i landed my first ts backroll probably 2 years ago but never really had the opportunities to practice that ive been having now. To start... it is very sketchy for me to w2w jump toeside, yet i can throw the backrolls pretty comfortably. Today i was pulled by a wakesetter at around 21 and i landed 3 back to back to back but i couldnt clear the wake while doing so. Id be cutting about as hard as i could (line would slack a little and id get on a hard edge and hit it) but just was never able to get the distance. Should I just get pulled at a faster speed or what? And today i was using a shorter rope which didnt help me out either. (i know technically it would since its a smaller wake, but im not trying to cheat)
Thanks!

Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: TS Backroll... Reply with quote

KSKENE wrote:
Id be cutting about as hard as i could (line would slack a little and id get on a hard edge and hit it) but just was never able to get the distance.

That is where it goes wrong. Progressive edge dude, that's what it's about here. Start really gentle and don't edge really hard until the last 3 meters or so before the wake. But then edge HARD.
Then don't throw the roll too soon. Wait for the pop, then rotate.

KSKENE

City: Eugene

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always thought that the rotation was essentally automatic? i dont try to flip, it kinda just happens. ill focus more tomorrow and see if i can do it. it definatly makes sense and i think i could get down toeside wake jumps before i can get the technique down correctly. when i jump hs ive been told by everyone that i only cut out 5-10 feet and i usually clear the wake from there. yet even when i charge the wake ts, i seem to case it each time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: