Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

First HS 360! Where to improve?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KSKENE

City: Eugene

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: First HS 360! Where to improve? Reply with quote

Hey i've got a video from me landing my first hs360 and im lookin to improve it. I believe my biggest issue is that im spinning off the wake rather than once im in the air. I have a hard time with keeping my balance.

City: Mt. Juliet

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i'd def wait until you are more airborne, it seems like you start your rotation too early.

where are you riding at in that video? I'd love to ride somewhere with scenery like that
KSKENE

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I actually got out on the lake today and worked on it. I find that i either focus on the handle pass OR the rotation. That was at lake powel in az/utah.
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bridgeport

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just landed my first HS FS 360 about a month ago, congrats man! I agree you are spinning early but I think it still looks good/solid. I spin much later, almost too late I think.

Setting your axis first will definitely help you get/keep your balance, I don't start my spin until I'm basically at the top of my jump, i.e. halfway across to the other wake. That really sets my axis and keeps me from getting pulled over.

Best of luck!

Dusty

KSKENE

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! How does my approach look? Never really paid much attention to form but figured it can only help me. So most of the spin should be from the pulling the handle? Hmm... I'll pay a lot more attention to it next time.
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bridgeport

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First understand I'm anything but a 360 expert myself, like I said I just landed my first one a month ago. I'm getting pretty consistent at them now, but no doubt there are plenty of people on here who are masters at it compared to myself.

I am self-taught as I'm the best on my boat and one of the best in my area, so there's really no one to learn from. I watched a good amount of film, read a lot, and practiced quite a bit before trying a full W2W 360. I'm a member on learnwake also which has been worth its price in gold. Well, maybe not at $1,800 an oz., but I digress.

The spin comes from a combo of:
Letting go with your lead hand;
Pulling with your rear hand to your back;
Looking over/behind your lead shoulder.

As an extra tip, I also slightly duck my lead shoulder, I find that helps me really pull against the boat's desire to pull me over as I'm turned backwards.

As far as your approach, I personally think it looks awesome. Its progressive but not aggressive, you came in and popped ollie (obvious by the nose of your board going straight up). From what I know that's pretty much the perfect approach and take-off to minimize line tension and set your axis.

I think the perfect 360 spins a little later than yours and a little earlier than mine...but what would I know?

KSKENE

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sick man thanks! Im trying to find a trampoline at my school so i can pratice spins and flip spins with a handle. Maybe ill find another pull tomorrow and get to try it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: