Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

4'9" or 5'6" ???? Help needed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dschlenk

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: 4'9" or 5'6" ???? Help needed! Reply with quote

Hey everybody,

For wake surfing my bro and me ride a small phase 5 board. We love it and wont be changing any time soon. We have a lot of first timers come out and ride with us and the phase 5 board seems to be pretty hard for beginners. Therefore we want to get a more balanced intermediate board.

We are leaning towards the Hyperlight Broadcast, however we are unsure if we want the smaller 4'9 board or the bigger 5'6 board.

Our purpose is to have a intermediate board that will allow for most people to get up, and those with experience to have fun on it screwing around on it.

I have spoke with 2 'experienced' individuals and their thoughts were opposite, one felt the 4'9 was the way to go, and the other thought the 5'6 was a better idea. The max weight I could see riding these boards is 220lbs.

What do you think????

flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would depend on how much the average weight of the riders is. If you will have more 200+ lb riders I would go with the larger board. If most of them are under 180 the smaller board would be the best size.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
actionmama
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Mountain Home

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Bylery Hazard-4'7" and a LF Venture-5'6". Would go with the big board for beginners. I can get even the athletically un-inclined up on that thing. It's also a pretty fun board to ride. And it'll work for the heavier rider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: