Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Good board or bad question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wakeboard Hack

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Good board or bad question Reply with quote

Hey new poster. Just starting to wakeboard(about 20 runs). Well I bought a CWB Triax. U can't find anything on them. I got it at academy sports store. I know it's not the next pro board but is it just junk? I seem to ride it ok but as they say; ur gear can limit u. And if I don't even have the right beginner board it will be difficult to progress. Thanks
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That board shouldn't really hold you back for a while, shred it!

CWB is a good company, makes a good product, and is WAY better than some of the other options you get at sporting-goods stores (like hydroslide or world industries).
Wakeboard Hack

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea from all my research and google mashing, i found that I like CWB. Its just confusing when I go to there site and look at there products, it doesnt even show my board. Was wondering if I just bought myself a knockoff or something really cheap.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be an older model that the store had in stock. Companies generally only their current board line on their websites so it may be one that they're simply not making anymore.
Wakeboard Hack

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, that's what I thought. But CWB, being a great company that it is, it has the brochures for boards all the way back into the 90s. I guess my biggest thought or question would be is it no better than a walmart brand board or do I have a good beginner board? Thanks for all the help so far.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely better than a walmart board. It should be a good stepping stone for you before taking the plunge on a really expensive setup.
jbcs16
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your cwb triax white with blue and green with white sevens bindings? If so, looks like a good beginner board to me. I had a cwb board that I really liked and was great to learn on. It also had the sevens bindings and they are my favorites that I have ever had. I would love to put them on my new board but they aren't compatible. By the way, if you get progress quickly and get bored riding the triax, just remove the big center fins and its like a totally different board.
cubbies017
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bloomfield Hills

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know a whole lot about that board, haven't heard of it to be honest. Like a previous post said CWB boards are usually pretty good, so it should work well for ya.
pluto2

City: Destin

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

props to GnarShredd for mentioning the infamous Hydroslide! still ride my friends old one (had to literally rip the crap bindings out inorder to skate it) through ditches

Just like boats everyone has a favorite board company (mine being hyperlite) but dont let any1 tell you that you dont have a great board cwb makes some great boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: