Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

how much ballast needed to surf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2010vtx

City: elgin

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: how much ballast needed to surf Reply with quote

Hey!

I got a 2010 Malibu Wakesetter VTX. Its a 20 foot boat and im trying to figure out how much ballast i need. I have four factory ballast tanks and one fat sac already. Also im not sure where the best position is for the wedge. Appreciate any help!

Thanks

Ken
tmill

City: seattle

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: how much weight Reply with quote

On my friends 09 vlx we use the stock back tank, stock center tanks, a 750 back in the rear locker, a 450 bag under the seats, and 150 pound bag were ever we feel we need it. With about 1/4 wedge, for us anything more made the top of the wake too soft.
texaswakerep
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Hattiesburg

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: how much weight Reply with quote

tmill wrote:
On my friends 09 vlx we use the stock back tank, stock center tanks, a 750 back in the rear locker, a 450 bag under the seats, and 150 pound bag were ever we feel we need it. With about 1/4 wedge, for us anything more made the top of the wake too soft.

Agree with tmill. We have 750lb plumbed as overflows of stock tanks in rear lockers, locker sac under port seat, and 150lb brick if we don't have many passengers. Give Ed at boardstop.com a shout. He works closely with a Malibu dealership and can tell you exactly what you need.

flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are running the 1100 in the rear of our VLX... 400 tube sac under the seats.. 75% on the center. 100% on the front. 100% rear tank. 300lb person in the front seat next to the driver. lightest person in the boat has to drive so Misty is always the driver. we just use a little wedge to clean up the wake like tmill says.

I started my surf plan based off texaswakereps suggestions from last season.

We do not plumb the fat sacs but you can do that if you want. I have a video on wakelounge.com of how we did that. I have the elbows that will screw into the hardtanks if you want to do the piggyback system.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: