Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Toeside W2W POP??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jet
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Mckinney,TX (the new Dallas)

PostPosted: May 26, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Toeside W2W POP?? Reply with quote

Guys I need help with my Toeside W2W. I can make it 98-99% of the way just from my speed..but Im not getting any POP! What can I do or STOP doing?? Thanks Jet
JL-PPI Amps/1750 Watts/Krypt hlcd's/L-7 Sub
Customized/Sundeck/Ice Chest/Fat sac Holder

rebuild and Mod pic's:
http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/album.php?albumid=86
twolfcorner2009

PostPosted: May 26, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As everyone is going to be quick to point out, it's going to be extremely difficult to tell you what it is that you are or are not doing that's causing you to not get any pop. Make sure you're pushing into the wake and standing up into it and make sure you've got a nice progressive edge going in. Nothing too drastic, other wise you'll just be flying through the wake and not up it. Some pics or a video would really help
hyperlite11

City: Athens

PostPosted: May 27, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also stuggled with this. A hard progressive edge in and rising at the top of the wake helped me conquor it. I was coming in with so much speed (because i felt that's what it would take to get me over the second wake) that it was either throwing me off axis or I just would't get any pop. Don't go faster, just edge harder to and through the wake
FlatH20
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 04, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto with the others advise - I'm working on the toeside w2w as well - I took a couple lessons - the drills that trystan had me doing included just holding the edge, maintain the position thru the wake and keep the handle close to the waist, and keep your body straight - also on the cut out - flatten out and then begin the edge -build your speed and stand up at the top of the wake - I'm sailing out to the flats now - watch the landing position and don't straighten your board or come "untwisted" in the air - you'll slide out on the landing if your board turns too much. good luck - hope this helps
JoLo_Si
Criminal
Criminal

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definatley standing at the TOP of the wake helps me. I was pushing off way to early and casing the wake everytime.
twolfcorner2009

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you're cutting too hard at the wake, you will lose all of that line tension you built up by coming in with your progressive edge and lose a large amount of your "pop"
slidin_out
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Pearl

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is how I got it down with good pop, cut out but don't flatten off, cut out and then start your edge in very easy like right away so you don't sink any, think about kind of kicking your back foot towards the boat a little more than usual (over exaggerate the twist in your hips basically) this will get you a little harder push against the water with a much easier and less aggressive lean against the rope which in turns keeps you in control, crank up the edge right towards the wake to get enough speed, push the handle down to your hip when you take off, kind of hard to explain so i hope that helps some
Enygma
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always found I get MORE pop toeside the heelside. My body just stays so rigid when carving in toeside that I simply can't absorb the wake unless I back off last second...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: