Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Tsunami Pumps Install in a '93 Malibu Sunsetter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wheeler
Criminal
Criminal

City: Decatur, AL

PostPosted: May 22, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Tsunami Pumps Install in a '93 Malibu Sunsetter Reply with quote

This is my solution to using Tsunami 1200 pumps to fill Fat Sacs. Since these pumps do not stop water flow when off, I connected the outputs of the pumps together. The fill pump pumps through the drain pump, and vice versa. This method eliminates a valve to open or close. I also mounted the pumps below the water level of the boat. By doing this, the pumps are always primed and no check valves are required. There are valves to open/close at each Fat Sac. The 2 fill pumps will fill my 2 750lb Fat Sacs in 10min.
Wheeler
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 22, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed
Obsessed
Criminal
Criminal

City: Bahrain

PostPosted: May 22, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought of connecting the outputs together like that. Smart idea makes it all much simpler than what I was originally thinking.
I still fill mine manually, but if I was to make an automatic Id definitely do it this way.
anw7405
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: edmond

PostPosted: May 25, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very confused untill i noticed there were 4 pumps and not just 2. How did you do the wireing on this. switches? was this a cheaper way to go vs the puppy pump? cool idea!
Wheeler
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 26, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I went with these pumps because of the price. Also, if you forget to shut these off, they can run dry forever.

I have 2 double throw toggle switches. One for each pair of pumps. Flip the switch up, it turns on the fill pump, down turns on the drain pump.

That's 1.25" hose leading to the pumps. To attach it I just used a file to remove the threads, then the hose just fit (no fitting).

The rest of the hose is 1".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: