Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Help finding a board

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevordj
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Help finding a board Reply with quote

Hey all,

I'm looking into getting into wakeskating this coming summer and I want to start looking for a board.

I am about 5'11'' 220 lbs

I am looking to spend a 100 dollars or less and I don't know anything about wakeskating.
skye120
Criminal
Criminal

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just check like craigslist or something like that i dont know of any for 100 new but defently get a nice used one for that....have you ever wakeskated befor?
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to look on eBay too. $100 for a decent wakeskate might be hard to come by. If it's something you're planning to do regularly and for a while it is worth the extra cash to get a decent used one that will last longer.

You may be able to find some flat wakeskates for that price. You'll probably need at least a 41" size skate but a 43" will be most comfortable, esecially if you're just starting out. I'm 215lbs and ride a 41" but I might get a bigger one for my next skate. Here's a couple decent skates I found in a few minutes on ebay:

Flat Wood Skate
http://cgi.ebay.com/Liquid-Force-2010-Faction-44-Wakeskate-/160545362105?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25613fd0b9

Concave Compression Molded Skate (This is a REALLY good deal so it makes me wonder about the seller, but sometimes good deals are just out there!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Byerly-Revival-wakeskate-42-/290536439110?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a5523d46

Try to stay away from companies like Bodyglove and World Industries, they make cheap stuff that will fall apart on you. Stick with Oak, Liquid Force, Byerly, Hyperlite, Integrity, Remote, or any other company you can find on major wakeboard sites.

If you have any questions about a specific board, let us know!
craZywakeboardererer
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 18, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liquid force faction. I'm in the same boat as you... gonna start wakeskating this summer, and i'm not about to spend a bunch of money. The faction is 100 bucks, and it's not a piece of crap

...brand loyalty haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: