Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Batwing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vea

City: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Batwing Reply with quote

Hey Guys, what's the easiest way to learn a batwing?
LopsidedMidget

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watch "Waiting." You get a full breakdown of how to approach it as well as how to gain extra points Wink
kent2010
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Needles

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

watch "Waiting." You get a full breakdown of how to approach it as well as how to gain extra points

haha. Second.
Vea

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

googled it but couldn't find anything?
Help out a girl Cool
Medina
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a batwing?
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Needles

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a toeside raley variation. but you grab indy so the board goes out behind you parallel with rope instead of perpendicular like a regular raley.

And i dont really know how to explain how i do them. it seems like instead of taking a really smooth progressive edge through the wake i take a bounce right before the wake then really cut hard up through the wake and get as much pop as i can.

That gets my board out behind me, then just grab indy and bring it down just by pushing the handle down, just like a raley.

Kinda hard to explain, but maybe you will get it. idk
j4rowell

City: Kalamazoo

PostPosted: Feb 13, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vea wrote:
googled it but couldn't find anything?
Help out a girl Cool

They were referring to the movie with Dane Cook . Similar to the Abe Lincoln.
Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Wausau

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been interested in this trick too and I'm kind of sad there isn't some better advice on here about it. I think holdsworth knows how to throw those around, but I'm not sure if this is off season for him or not - haven't seen him on the forums in a while.

The waiting post was funny for sure but does anyone have any more good advice?

ryan351w
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subscribe to LeanWake. Seriously that site is a wealth of info.
BrianABE
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charge hard, close your eyes and pray you have legs like a cat. Cool

BTW, here is the write up from Learnwake.com

--------

Here's the write up from Learnwake.com; (Batwing)
The first way is basically just doing Toeside wake jumps with Indy grabs and slowly letting the board out behind you each time. To do this you have to intensify the line tension as you edge into the trough and up the wake and then push your hips out a bit more with each attempt. A slow grueling process of building the courage, but like I said, less impact.

The other way is to learn a Toeside Raley first and then just add the grab. Either option, toes up or toes down, will do and you will understand the drifting out motion first which makes adding the grab a much easier feat. Most riders don�t want to learn the TS Raley first because of the intensity and falls associated to the learning process. Follow the steps below for either option.

Batwing Step by Step
1. You don't need to edge out as far for a Batwing like you do for a normal Toeside Raley. So, just edge out aggressively about three-quarters of the way out.

2. After edging out flatten off and coast to finish the swing out. For this trick you can use a middle edging position since you are adding a grab and you won't need as much leverage at take off. You will need more legs to take it straighter up and down with a bit less tension which makes getting the grab easier to manage.

3. After getting into position and completing the coast out, allow the boat to swing you back in or start the approach towards the wake.

4. As you swing in and build your progressive edge lean against the rope to build your line tension. Position your weight more on your front foot for this trick since you will need to stay more twisted as you fly through the air for this trick.

5. Stand tall through the wake and push your hips up and out behind you to start the drift out on take off. As you leave the wake and start to drift, reach down towards the water with your back hand to grab the board Indy between your feet on the Toeside edge of the board. Don't extend out first and then try to grab behind you or you will struggle to get the grab on the board. Grab down and get the grab first, then complete the full extension out.

6. After extending out push the handle down towards the water and back towards the take off side of the wakes at the same time with your front hand back to leverage the board back underneath you. Hold on to the grab as you start this motion.

7. As the board gets further underneath you release the grab and continue pushing the handle back towards the wakes to help twist you back into the Toeside edging position to prepare for the landing.

8. As you hit the water to land absorb the impact by bending your legs and continue pushing the handle back towards the wakes so you can twist further which will help you edge out of the trick over the Toeside edge of the board.

9. Finish the Batwing by continuing your direction out away from the wake towards the flats and shoreline.
Vea

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, that's wonderful...(the close your eyes and pray part).
Learn wake info is quite useful! thanks so much Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: